welcome to fantasies unwind! We are an animation personified role-play! We've been open for five years as of October 2017 and are excited about the future!
san diego
FORECAST: clear skies and sunny
set in january, 2018

Add Reply
New Poll

see the finest girl in france, esmeralda | 26 | burlesque dancer
ines esmeralda dubois
Esme
she/her
Single
Demisexual
Burlesque Dancer
moira
PRONOUNS: she/her
TIMEZONE: EST
MATURE THREADS: yes
MSG NAME: musenna #4406
MSG CHOICE: discord
Esme Dubois
26 - BURLESQUE DANCER - HIBA ABOUK

meet Inés Esmeralda Dubois. Preferring to go by her middle name, Esme spent the first few years of her life living in a Romani community in rural Pennsylvania. Her father was always out of the picture -- some one time fling who has remained anonymous to her. Her mother got involved in drugs, which led to her expulsion from the community. Her mother bounced around from boyfriend to boyfriend, slipping in and out of recovery multiple times before she passed away when Esme was seventeen. Dropping out of high school, Esme set out on her own, usually begging on the street for her next meal. She then met Cesar, another Romani street dancer who took her in and re-established her connection with her culture, encouraged her to take her G.E.D. and helped her feel grounded and confident once more. Tragedy struck again when Cesar met a violent end, yet again leaving Esme alone to fend for herself. Cesar had left her a stronger person, however, and she's been working hard ever since to make a better life for herself. She found her way to San Diego and has been working as a burlesque dancer for six months now. She goes by the stage name Jewel and, while it's not ideal, at least it's a steady gig.

friends. Due to her upbringing and lifestyle, Esmeralda is initially wary of people and tries not to get too attached since she never knows how long she's going to stay in one place. She values deep relationships where a person can be considered part of her family, and she longs to have that again, but she's simply hesitant to break down her walls for fear of getting hurt. That being said, I would love to see people challenge this! When she does finally warm up to someone and feel like she can trust them, then she'll be the most fiercely loyal friend a person could ask for.

enemies. Esme isn't afraid to speak her mind, and will often say things in anger without thinking of the consequences. This has led to problems in the past with law enforcement, of which she has become incredibly distrustful. She won't shy away from a heated debate, especially if she's going head to head with someone she believes to be bigoted. She's very liberal and considers herself a feminist, so she will immediately have a problem with anyone who shows themselves to be misogynistic, racist, or homophobic in any way.

lovers. Currently, I have her listed as heterosexual, but in reality she's bisexual and heavily repressed. Her faith and upbringing never allowed her to explore that part of her identity, and just like friendships, she never allows herself to get too close to people, so she's never had the opportunity to properly sort out her feelings. She isn't interested in flings, but she does occasionally enjoy some light, flirtatious banter. If someone did wish to pursue her romantically, they would have to chip away at her walls for quite some time before she felt as though she could fully trust them.

family. Esme is constantly (and subconsciously) searching for a father figure. I would love to see someone take on that mentor role for her, or even fill the role of her real father. I'd also love to see anyone show up from her old community so they could reconnect.

LEO

ACTIVIST

FUN TO TAKE DANCING

FIERCELY LOYAL

WHAT KATY DID
phoenix archer schuler
nix
he/him
married
heterosexual
computer repair
erin
TIMEZONE: cst
MATURE THREADS: ask
MSG NAME: air bear #9821
ines esmeralda dubois

GABRIEL
gabe and her would definitely not get along. he's not one of the nicest people (he's truly awful really). with her feminist views they would certainly clash which could make for interesting interaction between them. he's one that would have attended her place of work and probably would have been drunk and his true colors would have showed. so idk... maybe she was one that he insulted and that's kinda how things began?

PHOENIX
i'm not entirely sure what i'm thinking here so i will ramble and i deeply apologize for that. phoenix is someone who does have a heart of gold. he's one who will give someone the clothes off his own back if they needed them. now... i have no idea how they would meet beside a run in at the coffee shop or something along those lines. but, since he is so open and welcoming maybe he could be a family figure? they are close to the same age, so maybe they are kinda like siblings to each other?

--------------------
ines esmeralda dubois
Esme
she/her
Single
Demisexual
Burlesque Dancer
moira
phoenix archer schuler

FOR GABE
I do enjoy a good altercation! It would make for a really uncomfortable dynamic if he frequents the place and she needs to see him constantly. Maybe she makes a game of it and constantly tries to piss him off after that.

FOR PHOENIX
I like the idea of them being like siblings to each other! Bouncing off the coffee shop idea, maybe he's in line behind her and notices she's short a few cents to buy food and helps her out? That could kick-start a conversation between them!
gabriel emory shaw
gabe
he/him
divorced
heterosexual
doctor
erin
TIMEZONE: cst
MATURE THREADS: ask
MSG NAME: air bear #9821
ines esmeralda dubois

GABRIEL
oh my gosh yessssssssss. if she tried to piss him off that would just be incredibly entertaining. he gets so angry when people purposefully try and make him mad. i'm totally here for it.

PHOENIX
yessss. that would be perfect!!! he would definitely pick up the extra change for her!! and it could def start a conversation between them!

i'm willing to thread both or either of these! you can hit me up on discord if you want to flesh out ideas for threads<3

--------------------
ines esmeralda dubois
Esme
she/her
Single
Demisexual
Burlesque Dancer
moira
gabriel emory shaw

Let's tackle both! I'll slide into your dms so we can flesh out both plots soon! But first I must scurry away for food!
aiden vincent knight
Call Him Vincent
he/him
heterosexual
Mechanic
luna
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
ines esmeralda dubois hi and welcome! Esmeralda seems like such a wonderful firecracker ^^

Aiden Vincent so first I totally gotta toss Aiden, though he goes by Vincent and pretends his name isn't Aiden, anyway, he's my Phoebus so total hunchback ftw! He's a flirt and would definitely flirt with her. He also has a bad habit of playing white knight and if he saw her getting in trouble with a dude at the bar he'd totally try to come to her rescue, even if that's bit him in the butt before. He's also a mechanic so they could meet that way? I think he'd definitely flirt and enjoy flirting with her ^^

Jazz so my Jazz is also a burlesque dancer at the Black Rabbit but she's brash and rude and a brat who thinks she's top dog and that bad luck follows her around. I think they'd either get along really well or totally clash? Jazz behaves herself a bit better at work but most of the time she's just a queen bee

Della Della is my dancer and she's a totally bubbly nut who thinks that everyone should be her friend and wants to make friends with everyone and make them smile. She wouldn't even notice Esmeralda's walls and would totally try to get her to teach her her style of dance cause that's her fascination lol

--------------------
ines esmeralda dubois
Esme
she/her
Single
Demisexual
Burlesque Dancer
moira
aiden vincent knight thanks!! I'm super excited to get started!

Esme & Vincent yessss Phoebus! These two are my otp forever and always so obviously I'm biased and will love any interaction between them! I like the idea of him coming to her rescue outside the club or something. She actually doesn't have a car and relies on the bus, so maybe the altercation makes her late for the last bus of the night and he could offer to take her home? I'm not sure how much he's discovered about his past at this point but maybe they keep getting drawn together? She'd definitely have an inexplicable feeling that she could trust him, which would be super rare and weird for her.

Esme & Jazz ayyyy coworker! Her top dog personality would definitely rub Esme the wrong way! I think for the most part, Esme would just try to ignore it and just do the job, but they would definitely clash on more than a few occasions. Though they could have some civil moments between them. Esme has a couple tattoos, for instance, so maybe they'd bond a little over that.

Esme & Della Esme would definitely be charmed and intrigued by someone who seems so darn happy all the time! She'd also loooove that Della was a dancer too (especially if she knows ballet) and would want to learn some things from her too! They could totally get together and teach each other some new moves. That would be so cute!

I'm down for any and all of these situations tbh

adella serena waters
Dell/Della/Dells
she/her
heterosexual
Dancer
luna
PRONOUNS: Her/she
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME: pm<3
ines esmeralda dubois

Aiden Vincent I love it, he'd totally feel bad and offer to drive her home and help however, especially cause he's supposed to be behaving himself with his white knight gig. He doesn't know anything about his past life at all, but he'd deff feel the need to keep coming back and flirting with her again and again ^^

Jazz ohhh, yes, Jazz could deff bond over tattoos but for the most part, clashing would be likely and it doesn't help that it weirdly entertains Jazz to push everyone away, but sounds like fun? odd bonding and clashing and such ^^

Della so cute! Della knows ballet mostly as a building block fo her own dance, she's mostly a contemporary dancer, but she'd absolutely teach Esme and want to be taught all the things in return

I'm totally up for threading whatever!

--------------------
ines esmeralda dubois
Esme
she/her
Single
Demisexual
Burlesque Dancer
moira
adella serena waters

I'm up for starting something for both Della and Vincent! Hit me up on discord if you want to plot a little more!
dimitri jon everett
D
he/him
heterosexual
Bartender
era
PRONOUNS: she, her
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
ines esmeralda dubois

Dimitri: So if Ines is working at the Black Rabbit then Dimitri will be a fellow coworker.
He works behind the bar as well as the house band.He's definitely the friendly, playful sort. He used to be far more flirtatious but not exactly anymore since getting into a serious relationship especially now that he's engaged. I can see these two have a bit of maybe playful banter together and I think be someone that could challenge her to open up a little more.

Bailey: These two I think could have a fun friendship. Bailey is my daycare worker and I think the two could have an interesting interaction. Bailey herself identifies as bisexual and it was something that her parents have been happy about but she hasn't let it phase her. I was thinking their interaction could maybe help Ines step out of her comfort zone?

Jake: Jake is my cafe owner and one of my social butterflies. He's the type of person that can normally pick up a conversation with most anyone. He's not pushy though but he'd be friendly towards Ines simply by nature. He can also be a bit of a flirt although he does it much of the time rather unconsciously. If you ever wanted to give Ines like a part time job the cafe is open to her.

Question: where does Ines live? Apartment? House?

--------------------
ines esmeralda dubois
Esme
she/her
Single
Demisexual
Burlesque Dancer
moira
dimitri jon everett

for Dimitri: I'd love to do some more things with her at work! This could be an interesting dynamic to explore! I could see him potentially becoming her go-to person to vent about patrons or other dancers lol.

for Bailey: This could be fun as well! I think they're similar in many ways. I'm always up for strong lady friendships tbh. And of course we could always see if they have any chemistry together!

for Jake: I think if Esme were to break down her walls a bit, they could be good friends.
Maybe she could be a frequent patron of his cafe before or after her shifts and they both gain a sense of trust and respect for each other.

She lives in a studio apartment! I'd imagine somewhere around the Barrio Logan neighborhood.
aiden vincent knight
Call Him Vincent
he/him
heterosexual
Mechanic
luna
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
ines esmeralda dubois

Sounds fab! Just lemme know if/which you want me to start ^^

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution