welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: an activity check is starting! check it out here! make sure to congratulate the winners for the OTMs! and enjoy the anniversary!

Add Reply
New Poll

❥ parks && picnics, Tag: Rhi/Combat
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 07:34 PM

violetta sophia everett

violet parr from The incredibles

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

Budding artist/gallery assistant

she/her ♦ 589 posts ♦ 33000 points

paint my world
It wasn’t like Vee and Rhi had never seen each other before. It had just happened to be a time or two, at a party once and just because they were sort of similar in age at another point. But hanging out with the whole family, or pieces of it, did not count as actually bonding or getting to know the other. Or at least, she didn’t think so. And Vee didn’t just say that she considered family to be very important, it was. She even managed to overcome her social anxiety for it.

Which had led her to calling Rhi and asking if she wanted to have a sort of impromptu picnic at the park because why not. She was sick of the normal places to hang out, didn’t feel like the beach was a good choice, and also liked the idea of less people crowded in on all sides.

Besides, it gave her a chance to chill out about being so bold as to call by preparing said lunch and the sweets to go after it, right? She enjoyed that bit of getting ready, even if she had to shove her cat off of the counter more times than she could count to keep him from getting into the food. He thought that everything was his. It was just the nature of cats and usually it made her smile when she didn’t intend to share her food with other people instead of said cat.

It was a bit of an odd time to reach out, but Vee also felt like it was a very good time to do so. She had been in a bit of a funk for a little while there, but Dimitri had dragged her to sibling time and Markus had taken her on a trip too so now she was back solidly in her own skin and ready to make sure that the people around her felt that way too. Paying it forward, right? She had been helped, now it was her turn to do so. She was going to pretend that that made some sort of sense or something.

Besides, there were so few females in this family as it was, it just made sense for those that were there to stick together! She smiled a little bit at her own bad commentary.

It had taken her mere moments to get to the park from her apartment and she headed to the agreed upon spot, just under her favorite oak tree, to spread out the thick blankets that she had chosen. Vee was a sucker for a picnic, she had a few blankets that were specifically just for this purpose. It made her a bit of a nerd, but honestly she didn’t care. And then she settled in to wait for Rhi—her niece, how weird was that? She wasn’t good at thinking of it that way—to appear.

It was second nature for her to pluck out her sketchbook. She had a very special commission to work on. Nate had asked her a while ago to paint something for Chris’s room and she wanted to get it done soon. She had painted one or two but she had decided she wasn’t happy with them. This would be her third attempt but she was liking how the base sketch was coming out so far. This one, she thought, would likely be the one that stuck. She was so sucked into it that it took her a moment to notice that someone else was there. She blinked and looked up. ”Oh, sorry. Hey” she greeted, sheepishly.

PM
^
rhiannon avery renard
 Posted: Oct 25 2016, 02:13 AM

rhiannon avery renard

elsa from frozen

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

kaya scodelario

student

♀ ♦ 371 posts ♦ 31000 points

dissonance in my head
rhi found it hard-pressed to refuse vee. the older woman had been nothing but nice to her, and she was quiet, too. she never really poked rhi, though she suspected that vee never saw the reason to either. either way, rhi did like vee. she was an artistic soul, an introverted spirit, that mostly kept to herself. that was all very well for rhi, was usually on her own as well. she enjoyed her own company, and occasionally reached out to her extended family when it had been too long. lately, what with all the shit that had been piling up in her life, rhi hadn't bothered with keeping up on that. fading away was what she did best, hiding where no one could reach her.

almost as if on cue, vee had invited her for a picnic, just the pair of them. initially, she wasn't even sure if she wanted to go, but this was vee out of all people asking, bashful vee reaching out to her. timid vee, who was her aunt, five years her senior to boot. reluctantly, rhi accepted to meet her at the park, and set about to getting ready. she washed her face, noting her eyebags, and brushed out her hair. it was a mess, personal grooming hadn't really been high on her needs to do lately. a picnic between the pair sounded healthy, too, and nate did want her out of the house.

so, off she went, taking the bus, and was soon in front of the park. she spotted vee almost immediately, there was only one lone figure with picnic blanket, and food underneath a huge tree. "vee!" she called out, walking over, her arms crossed. "it's been a while." settling down before her aunt, she reached out to hug her. vee could have very well been her older sister, really. the aunt status didn't really fit her, and it would be weird to start adding that before her name, too. 'this looks good," chuckled rhi warmly, gesturing to all of the food. "what are you drawing?"

violetta sophia everett

PM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 05:54 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

paint my world
Oh she was so beyond pleased that Rhi had called her Vee and not by the title that was technically hers but one that she also wanted nothing to do with. She would be aunt to Chris and her future nieces and nephews maybe, she'd think about it, but not to Rhi who was so close in age to her! She smiled and set her sketchbook on her lap, though not away just yet, and gave her attention to the slightly younger young woman, glad she had invited her out. This would hopefull be a good time.

She returned the hug quite happily. "Hey Rhi, it absolutely has been," she agreed with a nod. Which it shouldn't have been! As one of the few females in this family, they totally had to stick together. Vee was just a little bit too much the sort to get distracted with her paintings and forget about the world for a while. Especially lately when she had been experiencing some rather extreme emotions. But she was back and her focus was right back on her family, which was so important to her. So yes, it had been far too long!

She glanced over at Rhi again, debating sketching her, but that was an odd constant impulse. She was glad she had chosen a picnic for their outing beyond the fact that she honestly just adores picnics. It would mean that she knew Rhi was at least a little bit taken care of--and herself too. She forgot food sometimes. Oops. She beamed at the compliment too, and instant smile for the shy young woman. Oh good "I hope you like it! I haven't cooked in a while but I don't think I'm too out of practice" she said with the smile still. Her mother had taught her and she thought she was at least a decent hand in the kitchen.

Oh. She blinked and looked down at her lap. And sighed. "Ages and ages ago Nate asked me to paint something for Chris's room. This is my third attempt. I think I'm actually happy with it" she said, looking skeptically at the page as if waiting for something she hated to jump out at her and make her start again. Oh well. She set it aside. No, focus on the picnic not all of this! She shook her head and started to set up the food, hoping it would indeed have come out as good as she thought it had.

rhiannon avery renard - one more post from phone ftw

PM
^
rhiannon avery renard
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 12:28 PM

rhiannon avery renard

elsa from frozen

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

kaya scodelario

student

we'll be higher than a blue flame
vee was five years older than her, but be that as it may, rhi could not view her as an aunt. granted, she was, but...she just could not. she could very well be her older sister, and as an only child, that was what she was quite happy to settle with. the everetts were akin to as siblings she could possibly get, and they were great. even if she was not close with all of them, she always found that she could get along with vee. the woman was not too much older than her after all. and she painted, indulged herself in art and all, a skill that rhi never had the talent for. she envied vee for this, as despite how brilliant her mind was, she could not create images like her aunt did by her very own hand.

she grinned. "i'm in no position to be picky." certainly not now, especially not when vee worked so hard to prepare lunch for the both of them today. while she was indeed usually fussy, she never really was when it came to food. she picked up a sandwich, and nodded her approval after a bite. "i don't see why you're worried. this is fantastic," said rhi, smiling warmly. vee was no masterchef, but the food was edible. that was all that mattered.

swiping up another sandwich, she scooted close to vee to see what she had been working on. "honestly, i think nate would be fine with anything. he just wants the room to look brighter." she on the other hand, was no connoisseur of art, and whatever vee decided to do would be fine by her, and she was certain that nate thought the same. she couldn't really draw for the life of her, but she had a pretty good imagination. it was a pity that she couldn't draw it all down like vee could.

"how's markus?" she asked then. rhi didn't know the boy personally, but she knew that he made vee happy. as long as vee was happy, she didn't see a need to poke into their relationship, but even she could not help but be a little nosy at times.

violetta sophia everett

PM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Dec 23 2016, 11:39 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

paint my world
Vee was so happy that Rhi had agreed when she had called to reach out. Family was important. Especially when family had a lot going on. And she and Rhi were so close in age and two of the only females in their odd little clan that it seemed silly to her that they hadn’t seen each other in quite a long while. There had been quite a lot going on, but that didn’t seem like an excuse to her. It seemed more like a reason. Vee was, as always, rather shy until she relaxed and showed her sassier side, but that didn’t stop her from inviting Rhi to a picnic, because who didn’t like a picnic. She smiled a little to herself.

Besides, she was glad to hang out more with Rhi. She was curious to know how classes were going—she would also not be surprised to learn if they were going well because she seemed rather brilliant to Vee—and how life was going, friends, all that good stuff. It was totally time for bonding and things and if it was over Vee’s picnic food at the park, well then that sounded good to her. And Vee, perhaps selfishly, had always picked spots for meeting or doing things, that she herself was comfortable at so less of a chance of her freezing up while being socially awkward.

She was in no position to be picky but that didn’t stop Vee from watching the young woman who was technically her niece as she took a bite of the sandwich. Or from letting out a relieved breath that ended on a bit of a laugh when Rhi gave her the compliment. That had her smiling as well. ”Thanks. I’m glad to hear that you think so” she replied, obviously pleased even if she was sure Rhi was exaggerating a little. See, she liked it, and took a healthy bite, but she also made it. So there was that factor so slide in there, wasn’t there? She smiled a little to herself.

As for what she was sketching, well, she was happy to answer and look down critically at the sketch in her lap. She was happy that she at least liked this one far more than the others and she nodded at the response that she received about it. ”Bright I can do, I’ve got plenty of paints that are bright. I will happily help light up the room” she agreed, glad of the note. She was probably going to do so anyway, paintings for nurseries tended to be either bright or calming depending, but it was good to know which direction she should turn.

Oh. How was Markus. She blushed but she also smiled quite wide, fidgeting her fingers along her sandwich to tear at a bit of the bread and pop it into her mouth. ”He’s good. We’re good. It’s all just kinda wonderful. Which is a totally dreamy little response, I know” she said, laughing a little bit, shyly. She didn’t often talk about her relationship out loud, unless she was trying to nudge one of her brothers away from teasing her, but she didn’t mind talking about it much. It was a very good part of her life, after all. It was something that was always good no matter what. Even if it got rocky, it was still wonderful and good to her.

She looked over at Rhi and tucked her short hair back behind her ears—it was finally growing out a bit but she wasn’t sure what to od with it—and debated tossing back the question. She had heard through the grape vine here or there that recently there had been a change in that area for Rhi, on the loss side. But she wasn’t quite sure. Oh well, only way to really know was to ask, wasn’t it? ”How about you? Anything in that area? Oh. I mean. You don’t have to answer if I’m being totally nosy” she insisted, blushing a little bit.

PM
^
rhiannon avery renard
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 07:10 AM

rhiannon avery renard

elsa from frozen

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

kaya scodelario

student

family has never mattered so much to rhi. there had only been her mother and her, and the occasional cousin or two from her mother's side. however, they rarely visited, as they lived so far away. she grew up with hardly any sibling figures, and only knew what it was like to actually have some family of her own through nate. the everetts have been nothing but kind to her. dimitri was more of an older sibling kind of figure, a little bit of a bad influeuce, but still good-hearted. and then there was also vee too, who was so much older than her, but was also so bashful that rhi found it difficult to call her 'aunt.' "please do. nate's been in a shitty slump lately. some brightness will do him good." she couldn't blame her father for feeling so awful, maybe some happy colours will brighten his day.

the brunette's grin widened at vee's response to markus. she knew that the older woman adored and loved her boyfriend, as clearly evident from the gentle, soft pink blush on her face. "i don't doubt you," she chuckled, nudging vee gently. "i'm happy things are going well for you." never mind her own trainwreck of romances. never mind that she was still smarting from robbie's departure from her life, the young man having left a gigantic void that she was unable to fill with happiness for the time being. what she can do though, was be happy for vee. that was easy to do. she did like vee, and there was no reason to deny her happiness.

rhi's laugh was wry. "nah. robbie left me." she helped herself to some fruit, popping it into her mouth. she didn't think vee knew about her heartbreak, and it wasn't as if she has been very vocal about it since then. vee would listen, and understand. she trusted her enough to let some emotion slip out instead of constantly suppressing it and hiding it. it was not as if that was doing her much good anyway. "i got dumped." rhi shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant, but the hurt was clear in her eyes. was she cursed to be alone for the rest of her life? probably. boys suck.

PM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 04:15 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

paint my world
Rhi’s comment made her debate reaching out to Nate too. But she didn’t know what to say, which was what had kept her from it. But note to self. Nate could use some bright too. She frowned though, a little bit. ”I don’t doubt it” she agreed, softly, and then in her head, she was already planning out a painting or two for her nephew and perhaps, well ”Maybe something bright for him too” she finished her thought by speaking it out loud. She knew it was silly, painting, but sometimes having something bright around could help and it was really what she could do, all she could do except being a listening ear.

She worried about her family, now that she was okay. But her focus here was totally on Rhi. She had invited her out, after all! She took another bite of her sandwich to hide the fact that she was definitely still blushing after talking about Markus. She was a bit of a private person when ti came to that but if asked, well… as she said. It was wonderful. She laughed a little and nudged Rhi back. ”Thanks, means a lot” she said, with a smile. It was better than the teasing she got from the others. Just a bit of happy for you.

She waited a moment before asking Rhi about what was going on with her in that department and then almost took it back. And then definitely wished she hadn’t asked at all when she heard the answer. That made her frown more than a little bit. She had been dumped. She huffed. ”Well then, he is obviously just an idiot. And I’m not just saying that because we’re related” she said, a slight blush because of the forceful statement but heck, it was true! Rhi was brilliant and beautiful, if a bit reserved. Robbie was obviously not thinking straight. Vee knew that getting dumped sucked. She had only dated one other person before Markus and she didn’t see another being added to the list, but the one before… he had dumped her. And that had hurt. A whole lot. It totally sucked.

She knew someone better would come along but maybe Rhi was happy being single or something. Either way, she knew that the hurt of right now was the hurt of right now. So she just thought it silently to herself. ”I have sweets if that helps after that” she informed Rhi with a little nod. Vee didn’t know if she was the sort to want to get into sweets, or was that an all girls ting? She didn’t know. She was pretty sure she should know but maybe she would now that she had brought it up. Who knew?

PM
^
rhiannon avery renard
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 12:48 AM

rhiannon avery renard

elsa from frozen

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

kaya scodelario

student

[ a heavy heart to carry ]
vee was a good, kind soul. she listened well, and also agreed with her notion of painting chris' nursery into a bright colour, perhaps yellow? nate wasn't too fond of that colour, since it could be jarring, but if it was just a gentle, sunshine one? he should be fine with that. she made a brief note to hang with vee just a little more, get the introvert out of her house and all, and take her painting or something. the older woman really was good company, a little quiet, but rhi wasn't exactly a talkative soul either. the smile remained on her lips as she tucked in to the food, and listened to vee. was this how was it like to have a sibling? vee really seemed to be fitting the bill, and it was the closest that she was going to get.

she looked up at vee's change of tone when the topic moved to robbie, and she couldn't help but laugh lightly. it was a tiny little tinkle, but it was sincere, an actual sound of amusement that she vee had managed to procure out of her without coercion. "boys are idiots," affirmed rhi, restlessly tucking a stray hair out of her eyes, and over her ear. there was still a note of bitterness in her tone, but it had lightened considerably. she was finding it difficult to actually get over it properly, but she was sure that she would eventually. slowly. one day at a time, as her father had told her.

her smile became a slow grin. she liked sweets. perhaps not as much as nell did, but she did have a soft spot for them. "what kind of sweets are we talking about here?" asked rhi seriously, blue eyes intense. it wouldn't really erase the pain, but it sure as shit would make her feel better. well, probably. she was taking her chances today. "my dad was really mad," the brunette went on, her tone becoming wry again. "said he wanted to kill him and all, but i guess he was exaggerating. you know how he gets." she shrugged at vee. "first i've seen of him like this."

PM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 06:42 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

the grip of a hurricane
I'm gonna blow myself away
Vee got a bit annoyed at this boy for hurting Rhi, that was ridiculous. She might be happily taken but she could still absolutely say that boys were idiots. There were just a few exceptions to the rule, rather than those idiots being the exception in her opinion. Or maybe it was just the getting annoyed for family, thing. But still, Rhi was wonderful and he was absolutely an idiot for not keeping her in his life. Weirdo. She would kick him if she ever actually saw him again. Or maybe she wouldn’t, but it was fun to entertain the idea for at least a little bit. And she might, she did have a temper. It was just very small.

She smiled though when Rhi laughed, happy to hear the sound at least. Good. That meant she was at least relaxed and possibly enjoying herself. That was all Vee could ask for. Plus, she was glad that she agreed that boys were idiots, even if she made her own boyfriend the exception from that statement. ”They are. Who thought they were a good idea” she said, a bit sarcastically as she relaxed, with a little grin. If it helped Rhi chill out, then she needed to as well

She laughed a little bit, what sorts of sweets? ”I have brownies and cookies that I’m not allowed to keep in the apartment” she joked a bit. Her roommate didn’t always appreciate her baking. But that was okay, she had a big family and she liked to give those things out. She herself could eat sweets for days and days and be totally happy about it. And manage not to totally lose her figure, which she could admit was a totally lucky trait. But mostly she was just happy for the sweets, and who didn’t like sweets? She nibbled at her sandwich as Rhi explained about Nate.

Nate had apparently been mad. Vee nodded when Rhi said she knew how he got. She hadn’t personally seen it, but she had heard as much. ”It’s totally cause you’re his daughter” she said, smiling a little bit. ”I don’t blame him, ya know?” she said, shrugging a bit. Rhi was his daughter and a boy had hurt her and there was nothing he could really do. Her own dad hadn’t had a chance to be like that, but she didn’t want to know whether or not he would have. Her big brothers did it though, so she got what Rhi was talking about. It could be weird, but it totally happens. She shook her head and tucked back her hair out of habit. ”Better than not caring at all?” she offered, unsure if it had bothered Rhi or not

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]