welcome to fantasies unwind! We are an animation personified role-play! We've been open for five years as of October 2017 and are excited about the future!
san diego
FORECAST: clear skies and sunny
set in april, 2018

Add Reply
New Poll

+ i'm radioactive, hospital
jasper jackson rain
jj
he/him
single
bisexual
pediatrician
nessa
PRONOUNS: she/her
TIMEZONE: eastern
MATURE THREADS: yes
MSG NAME: nessa#3116
MSG CHOICE: discord
i'm breathing in the chemicals
When Jasper woke up that morning, he had an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach that he couldn't explain. He would usually wake up feeling just fine albeit a bit groggy given how early he would need to wake up, but generally. he woke up feeling fine. As he was taking his morning shower, he was on alert. His gut feelings don't usually lead him astray so if he felt like something bad was going to happen, something probably was. He made sure to carefully exit his shower so he wouldn't slip and fall. He skipped out on making coffee since he might have burned himself in the process. As Jasper pulled on his sneakers, he looked around his apartment. Nothing looked out of the ordinary or out of place. Maybe this odd feeling he had was just a sickness coming on and warning him. He shook off the feeling as he grabbed his cell phone and keys.

Although he was going to ignore the gut feeling, he was still cautious about the drive to work. No close calls happened and he didn't even pass any accidents. There wasn't anything that made him curse under his breath or have to slam on his brakes for. Was this gut feeling telling him something bad was going to happen at work? He truly hoped not. Anywhere but work. He loved his patients with every ounce of his heart and if this unsettling feeling in his chest was because of one of them, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. He'd need to be slow and patient with his appointments today as he wouldn't want to risk misdiagnosing someone or prescribing the wrong medicine.

As Jasper pulled into the staff parking lot, he rested his forehead on the steering wheel and sighed. He would need to be on guard at work because this uneasy feeling was still with him and it felt stronger now. Jasper sighed and exited his car, walking through the large double doors that lead into the hospital's lobby. He waved to the receptionists at their desk and walked into the child unit, where his office was located.

Jasper plopped himself down in his chair and turned on his computer, getting started on reading and replying to emails before his first appointment of the day arrived. Most of the emails were of conferences he'd need to attend or invitations to alumni events at his old university. That would go in the trash. He usually stayed as far away from San Diego State University since it brought back too many bad and bittersweet memories. Jasper put his computer on sleep mode and rolled away from his desk, getting up to go to see his first patient of the day.

OPEN
love this bby.

--------------------
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
MSG CHOICE:
Gathering up his laptop and his charger, Tomeo shoved them both as carefully as he could - aside from the fact he was shoving them - into his bag. He had been allowed to spend a day in the children's ward working with one of the doctors to come up with new ideas for the robot Tomeo was trying to build. He had hit quite a few bumps in the road, sometimes the technology wasn't there and other times Tomeo wasn't quite smart enough to figure it out. But he was getting there and the program he had written on his laptop asked a series of questions until it was able to discern the problem. Recently he had been able to add voice commands - simple yes's and no's and had even managed a pain scale which allowed the robot to deduce the severity of the problem the patient was having.

But the actual robot wasn't even close to reaching the real world. Tomeo had come up with a few ideas but he really wanted a professional opinion on the matter. Especially when it came to kids. They were his toughest critic and if they didn't like the look of something the whole concept could fail, even if the product was great. Tomeo was looking for something friendly but not too friendly that it looked like a toy. This was one of the main reasons he had been abled to grab some time with Dr Rain and, hopefully, a few kids in his care.

Heading to the hospital his mind was a blur of ideas, so much so that he didn't even register that he was at the hospital until he was standing at reception asking for the directions to Dr Rain's office. Pointed in the right direction he knocked gently on the door, hearing movement of someone getting up out of their chair on the other side.

Dr Rain? It's Tom... he paused, electing to stop his name there. We spoke on the phone last week about meeting? he added, hoping his name and the phone call would jog the doctors memory enough that Tomeo was let in the office.
jasper jackson rain
jj
he/him
single
bisexual
pediatrician
nessa
Now Jasper wasn't the type of person who was super anal about the notifications on his phone like some people he knew. He didn't mind if there was a red number in the corner of every app he had on his phone. It didn't bother him at all. The only exception was emails. He hated email notifications. They were just a constant reminder that he was behind on work and that was a feeling that could ruin his whole day. He didn't understand how some people could let their emails pile up until they had thousands of unread emails. It bothered him to no end. Just delete the email or turn off notifications. He couldn't handle seeing the little red number attached to his app. However he seemed to be on top of it today and the red number was getting smaller and smaller as he replied to emails and deleted the ones that weren't important. It was honestly like a form of therapy for him to just go through mounds of emails.

When the last one was set and done, he rolled away from his computer, content with his victory. The only thing stopping him from breaking out into a small victory dance was a voice at the door to his office. JJ sat up, smoothing down his white coat and looked at the stranger standing in the doorway. As he began to explain who he was and the purpose of his visit, the unsettling feeling that had been in JJ's stomach all day punched him in the gut. That's why he was feeling so anxious, he had completely forgotten about Tom's visit and their meeting. JJ mentally slapped himself for being so careless and forgetful. This was something important to Tom and here he was, forgetting about the whole thing. JJ nodded his head, hiding his forgetfulness well and approached Tom, giving him a handshake. "It's nice to meet you, Tom, and please, call me Jasper or JJ. Dr. Rain is just so, ugh, formal," he said.

After making his introduction, JJ returned to his desk and sat down. He gestured to the seat in front of his desk, motioning for Tom to sit down. "So I know we talked a bit on the phone about some of the ideas you had and what you needed from me," he began. "I have quite a few patients today that cover a wide range of ages. Is there any specific age group or demographic you need to observe?" he asked. Tom had discussed with him a robot he had been building that was being designed to assist people and Tom was have difficulty working the robot so it would interact with children in a way that would please them. At least, that's what JJ understood about the whole ordeal from the phone call. "If you're going to be observing my patients, I'll need you to sign a confidentiality agreement - for legal reasons and all of that." JJ opened the top drawer to his desk and began rummaging around through the dozens of files in there. "Tom, you're a student, right? Is this for a project?" JJ wanted to get well acquainted with Tom since they would be spending most of the day together. He hated awkward silences and always enjoyed meeting new people.

what losers.

--------------------
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
MSG CHOICE:
He looked young. That was the first thought that crossed Tomeo's mind as he shook the man's hand with a genuine smile. It was good, that he was, it meant he didn't have to explain the basics of robotics for the millionth time to someone who could barely turn on a computer. But also Tomeo had found in his limited experience that young doctors were more acceptable of change and new ideas. Generally the older doctors like the way things were because they had done it the same way for their entire career.

Tomeo followed the doctor into the little office and slid his bag off his shoulder and took a seat opposite the other man. He pulled out his iPad from his bag and began opening up his notes and taking a look. He really needed younger children - toddlers till about eleven. Tomeo found that twelve and onwards didn't really care too much about design as long as the colours were cool. Probably under tens? he answered.

He nodded in agreement at signing confidentiality agreement. He'd had to in every other hospital he'd visited it was a standard procedure and Tomeo had designed his 'doctor signature' specifically to avoid writing out his whole name.

Yeah I've come from Japan. But I started to study in South Korea and also have studied in England and Norway, Tomeo's achievements had taken him all over the place and while he now felt settled in America it had been good to see what other countries had done to help out their health services. It's not really for school, I have been wanting to do this for a long time but not had the...experience? he said, his voice turning up at the end as if he wasn't sure experience was the right word.

I thought to save time for emergencies you could have a small robot that will help diagnose your problem for you, for colds and headaches when people think they're actually dying.

Tomeo held his iPad close to him like it was some sort of security blanket. He was very passionate about he project but he also knew when he got passionate his english became a little broken and he was harder to understand.

Have you been a doctor long?
jasper jackson rain
jj
he/him
single
bisexual
pediatrician
nessa
Because of how young JJ was, he didn't get many students to train under his wing. Many of his older coworkers saw him as much younger than he actually was and didn't always treat him with the respect that he gave them. It was a common prejudice in the medical field. So many years of your life are spent dedicated to school and studying before getting the actual experience in a residency at a hospital. Many of these older doctors believed they were wiser than they actually were and it annoyed JJ to say the least. He was just as knowledgeable as them, if not more because of how recent the information he studied in school was. And he was way more adept than some of them in his honest opinion.

Under ten? He could work with that. JJ looked down at the clipboard he had on his desk that showed the number of patients he would be seeing for today. A majority of them were a bit older than ten so they would need to wait before Tom was able to meet the younger patients of the day. JJ looked at Tom with a bit of wonder in his eyes. He had always wanted to study abroad but the prospect of homesickness prevented him from doing so. Even a semester away from his family would have been too much for him. However if he had the chance, he would have chosen Italy to study in because of his love for the Italian culture and his fluency in the language. Places like Japan, South Korea, England, and Norway sounded amazing as well. It was a life goal of his to visit every single continent and Tom already had him beat with three over JJ's one. Tom must have seen and experienced a lot when studying in those countries so JJ would have to ask about them when they had some free time because he was very curious about it.

Tom said it wasn't for school but more like a personal project which JJ thought was interesting. Doing this for himself rather than for school was a noble thing and JJ appreciated that. Tom was using his intelligence and skills for the greater good and to help people rather than for a grade and JJ respected that. "That would actually help a lot," JJ admitted. "I get a lot of parents, especially parents of newborns, who think even a runny nose is a sign of the end of the world so something like that to help with diagnoses would save so much time and be a big help for me." Anything that helped save time with his patients would be great. He'd be able to fit more appointments into one day with the time he saved. He looked at Tom when he asked JJ another question and shrugged his shoulders. "Yes and no. I've been doing this for quite a few years now but I'm still way younger than some of the other doctors you'd meet here. With how much schooling goes into this, you don't meet many young doctors but I worked very hard and graduated a bit earlier than most," he answered.

what losers.

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution