welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: we currently have a posting challenge going on which you can check out here! be sure to pay attention to the details! this will affect your characters.

Add Reply
New Poll

☼ broken smiles not allowed, erin/jocelyn
riku hoshiyama
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 06:45 PM

riku hoshiyama

geo stelar / mega man from mega man: star force

pronouns:

him/his

sexuality:

not interested

face claim:

shori sato

tardy student

draco is Online

she/her ♦ 26 posts ♦ 60000 points

The days lately had been a little... less shiny than normal. He wasn't entirely sure what he thought about that.

Jocelyn had been less smiley lately. That wasn't entirely true, she was still smiling, especially when she was talking to Riku whenever they met in the morning, or after school and work... but there was something off. He could see it. She probably didn't realize that he could, but he was able to, and with each passing day as she smiled and looked at him, and tried to seem happy, he couldn't help but be reminded of himself in a way. Or his father, not long after his mother had passed away from cancer.

Her smiles were forced, and that wasn't okay. They weren't bright and cheerful and exuberant like they used to be. It was wrong in his eyes - his foster mother was supposed to be all smiley. She had the brightest and the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen, and she was cheerful enough to take advantage of it. But now? Now they didn't seem bright at all. They'd dulled over, and something had destroyed the luster.

Riku wasn't much of a talky-person when it came to emotions. He'd learned that when he had a psychologist earlier on in care. He didn't do well with that kind of thing and he knew it. So, he'd clammed up about his suspicions and kept quiet, moving on from breakfast to heading off to school.

But not today.

Maybe it was because he'd skipped lunch, maybe it was because his brain wasn't really focused on history questions, but he looked up as Jocelyn had stepped up into the kitchen, her fake smile on her face, and he'd been reminded. Once again, he was overcome with concern over what was bugging his foster mother. He knew she was putting on a show. He knew she was hiding something from him, and the world.

So, he blurted out the question that'd been bugging him. "Joce, what's the matter? I'm tired of seeing the fake smile. It looks all wrong."

PM
^
jocelyn noelle soloman
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 09:35 AM

jocelyn noelle soloman

toothiana from rise of the guardians

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

zoe saldana

dentist

she/her ♦ 418 posts ♦ 54000 points

riku hoshiyama

She thought she was doing well in hiding it, but it seemed that Riku knew something was up and he wasn’t going to beat around the bush. He was going to be blunt about it. Jocelyn thought she appreciated that, but at the same time, she kind of wished that he wasn’t as blunt.

Or that she hid it better. She wasn’t sure that she wanted to talk about it.

”What do you mean sweetie?” Joce questioned as she smiled at him, trying to play it off. But, she couldn’t do that, not to Riku. He was a smart boy and would know better than to believe whatever she was going to tell him.

Sighing, she sat down beside him and leaned in a little closer as she spoke. ”You know Ty, right?” She knew he did, she had spoken about him too much for him not too. ”Well Ty and I broke up.” Jocelyn smiled softly through it all, shrugging slightly. ”It’s okay though! Just give me a little more time and I’ll be back to normal.” She’d stick to her routine, add a few new things to it and everything would work out.

BY MITZI

PMEmailAIM
^
riku hoshiyama
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 02:59 PM

riku hoshiyama

pronouns:

him/his

sexuality:

not interested

face claim:

shori sato

tardy student

draco is Online

At first, she put on that fake smile again. Even asked him what he meant. A wave of feeling washed over him, nearly ducking him under the water for a moment as he tried to process what it was she was doing. Why would she pretend like that? Like nothing was wrong?

Then, his foster mother moved to sit down beside him. Riku automatically put his homework in his textbook, saving his place as he shut it completely. He wanted to give her all his attention, as she began to ask about Ty. Yeah, he knew of Ty. She spoke of him quite often, at least until recently.

But then everything made sense with her next sentence.

He shut out her declarations on how it was okay, because he knew it wasn't going to be easy. "What did he do to you?" was the first thing that came out of his lips. In his mind, it had to be Ty. Jocelyn wouldn't be the type to be in the wrong in something like that. He knew her, at least he hoped he knew her well enough to make an assumption like this. "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

PM
^
jocelyn noelle soloman
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 08:57 PM

jocelyn noelle soloman

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

zoe saldana

dentist

This was not a side of Riku that Jocelyn had really seen and maybe under different circumstances she would be happier that he was like this, but right now it was hard to muster up the energy to be thrilled about it. Especially when she had been pretending for so long now.

”He didn’t do anything,” she said with a shake of her head. ”He just followed his heart.” Jocelyn couldn’t blame him. It was something she wanted everyone to do. Follow their heart and live their best life. She hoped that Ty was doing that now. That this would lead him to the path that he was supposed to be on.

Reaching out, she patted his hand. ”No, sweetie. He didn’t hurt me.” That is what Joce kept telling herself. He didn’t hurt her. That this was something that needed to happen for him to live his best life. ”You better finish your homework and I’ll finish up dinner.”

BY MITZI

PMEmailAIM
^
riku hoshiyama
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 03:42 PM

riku hoshiyama

pronouns:

him/his

sexuality:

not interested

face claim:

shori sato

tardy student

draco is Online

For some reason, he highly doubted it.

In the darkest part of his heart, Riku could feel an inkling of doubt over what Jocelyn was saying to him. She claimed that he hadn't done anything to her, and yet, he'd clearly had. Maybe it was the sourness and bitter distrust rearing its ugly head, but Riku could only find that he was no longer interested in his homework, or anything else.

How good was following anyone's heart if it just led to the downfall of someone else's? His own father had done that, and he ended up in childcare because 'following his heart' led to abandoning his son, to wherever it was he had gone. Now Ty was doing just that to Jocelyn, and it left a sick feeling in his stomach that he couldn't stand.

Adult men made him sick. He wasn't going to hurt people like that if he ever made it to being an adult.

"I'm not that hungry, Joce," he claimed, sourly turning back to at least finish one more page of his work before giving up for the night. It was a white lie, as he hadn't eaten since that morning, but he didn't want dinner anymore. "Just worry about yourself." Theories began swimming about, ways to fix this, to make her forget. He didn't want her sinking down to his level, though he doubted that it was a possibility...

But he'd once been cheerful, just like her.

PM
^
jocelyn noelle soloman
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 11:37 PM

jocelyn noelle soloman

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

zoe saldana

dentist

Suddenly, Riku turned sour. His voice had a sour tone that caused Jocelyn to draw back a little. It wasn’t uncommon for his voice to take a sour note when it came to school or people, but Jocelyn never felt that his tone was directed right at her.

”Riku,” she started, her voice not as cheerful as she looked at him, confused by the tone of his voice. ”Talk to me, sweetie.” How could she worry about herself when something was clearly wrong with her foster son. ”What are you thinking?” She focused on him for as long as she could, before she finally got up to make sure their dinner didn’t burn.

It wasn’t long before dinner was finished and she started to lay it out. ”Are you sure you don’t want something?”

BY MITZI

PMEmailAIM
^
riku hoshiyama
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 03:39 PM

riku hoshiyama

pronouns:

him/his

sexuality:

not interested

face claim:

shori sato

tardy student

draco is Online

When he noticed his foster mother draw back, Riku wished he'd bit back the tone. The cheerfulness of her voice was gone when she began to question him, asking what he was thinking, wanting him to talk to her. Finally, if he was sure he didn't want anything. For a moment, all he did was angrily glare at one of the questions in his text book, ignoring his stomach as it grumbled. He was hungry, but right now he lacked an appetite.

"My dad followed his heart, you know. To do his stupid research that he wouldn't talk to me about." His voice was low, but still loud enough that she'd be able to hear him. "It led to me being in foster care because he disappeared entirely and left me home alone for a week living off of leftovers and stale cereal before the neighbours called." He closed his book, deciding not to do the question after all, and looked up at his foster mother completely. "I know that's your opinion, but I can't see how it does anyone any good when following your heart hurts others. It doesn't make it okay. He hurt you, just like my dad did with me. What's the point in that?"

"I don't know, maybe its stupid, and I can only see it from my point of view, but..." He hesitated, playing with his pencil for a moment before finally deciding to just voice it and be done with it. "I don't like the fake smiles. But I don't want you to end up like me, either. I guess I just think you shouldn't hide it... That... that you're upset." It was likely the most he'd ever told her about what his dad had really done, but for now he didn't care. He wanted to get his point across to what he felt about the situation. He didn't like that Jocelyn had been put in this position.

Finally, he sighed when his stomach complained again. "... Maybe just a little plate of what you made..."

PM
^
jocelyn noelle soloman
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 02:51 PM

jocelyn noelle soloman

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

zoe saldana

dentist

HEARTLINES

Jocelyn listened to Riku’s monologue. He was finally opening up to her and she was thrilled. This was a breakthrough she’d been waiting for. Unfortunately, it didn’t come at the time that she wanted it too.

Focusing on making a little plate for him, she carefully set it down in front of him before settling across from him. Her dark eyes looked at him for a few moments as she moved some of the food around on her plate. ”Sweetie, I won’t hide it from you.” She started, not really sure where she was going. ”I thought it would be best if I hide it from you.” Jocelyn prided herself on being happy and she thought it would be best if everyone continued to see that from her. She thought that it would help her heal if she pretended. ”I wrong. I’m sorry.”

Pausing, she took a few bites of food before she looked back at him. ”Did you finish your homework?”

riku hoshiyama

PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]