welcome to fantasies unwind! We are an animation personified role-play! We've been open for five years as of October 2017 and are excited about the future!
oz isle
FORECAST: clear skies and sunny
set in JULY, 2018

Add Reply
New Poll

not so typical love song, #marcus #maggie
gregory sidney phillips
greg
he/him
single
not sure
cto prince industries
talon
PRONOUNS: he/him
TIMEZONE: gmt
MATURE THREADS: yes
MSG NAME: talon#6513
MSG CHOICE: discord
Greg had been waiting for an assistant since the office opened a few months ago. He had asked and asked and then finally begged for one to at least stand and file paperwork all day. At first his mother had refused, it was a waste of company money and when he tried to point out his security guard was a waste of money she promptly hung up the phone.

But with each phone call he spoke for less time, having to leave to go to meetings or to finish up work and by the time he was calling her at three in the morning to say he was about to leave work, she finally caved in and agreed to interview someone. But that was a process in itself and one she had wanted to do without him - she didn't want his fickle mind getting in the way of picking a good assistant.

So Greg sat in his office, hands curled around a coffee as he glanced down at his list of jobs for today. But before he could start a buzz came through and the office door swung open. The receptionist walked in and then moved to the side to let someone else in.

Greg looked at her confused, as she nodded her head towards a young man.

Your assistant? she prompted but Greg's expression didn't change. So his mother had finally hired someone, and this was it? Where was his warning? He looked down at the old t-shirt he was wearing and the ripped jeans he'd picked over his suit - he hadn't had a meeting so why did he need to dress up - but it didn't make for a good first impression.

Yes, fine let him in. Do you want a coffee or something? he asked, waving the young man forward and pointing to a seat the other side of the desk.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
marcus andrew parks
andy
he/him
single
bisexual
personal assistent
maggie
PRONOUNS: she/her
MSG NAME: maggie#8471
Saying that he wasn't nervous for his first day on the job would be a big, big lie. In truth, Andy was terrified – it was his first actual job, after all. Not counting all the years of selling shoes and serving coffees.

Twiddling his thumbs, he sat patiently in the reception area. Waiting for the receptionist to take him up – where he would meet his new boss (the facy that he hadn't met the guy yet pretty odd to him).

"Mister Parks?"

Andy's gaze shot up. He blinked, nodded at the receptionist who was waiting for him to come with her. "Ah, yes – of course." Quickly, he scrambled his things together – bag and jacket – and then followed her up.

What he expected to find in the office was, well – he wasn't entirely sure what he did expect, but it certainly wasn't some guy in ripped jeans and a t-shirt. He looked down at his own clothes, suddenly feeling very dumb in his pressed slacks and lace-up shoes.

He offered the receptionist a small smile, thanking her for her effort, and then took the seat he was pointed towards. "Oh, no. Thank you. I don't actually like coffee – the taste is too strong for my liking, I prefer – " He cut himself off, cleared his throat. Rambling, not a good first impression.

Andy sucked in a deep breath, then extended his hand across the desk. "Mar – Andy Parks," he introduced himself. Figured he might as well go for his prefered name.

gregory sidney phillips
greg
he/him
single
not sure
cto prince industries
talon
Not a coffee drinker? Well that would probably change once he was put through his paces. The workload for Greg was a lot but for someone who had only just joined it was going to be tough to adjust. But he waved his hand and the receptionist bowed out. Not because she was being formal - Greg had never been a fan of formal, but because she liked to take the piss.

He seemed nervous and a sly grin spread across Greg's face. Well at least it would be entertaining. Reaching over he shook the extended hand and the leant back in his chair. Andy, he repeated, locking the name away so he wouldn't forget. Tell me, what did you think of my mother? he asked a slight tease to his tone.

There was something about Andy that he already liked. Maybe it was the clothes, or the evident nervousness. But Greg found himself leaning forward on his desk, arms crossed, glancing over the - boy? how old was he? What had his mother been thinking. Well she probably thought it was best to get a man to stop Greg flirting, but, well, the less she knew about that the better.

I assume she interrogated you,

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
marcus andrew parks
andy
he/him
single
bisexual
personal assistent
maggie
"Your mother?" Andy repeated, frows furrowing. Not quite sure what he meant, unless – oh, the woman who interviewed him must've been his mother. "Oh, she was ehm – " A lot? Intense? Slightly terrifying? " – very thorough."

A nervous chuckle escaped his lips. The woman had scared the hell out of him and when he left the interview, he had been convinced he wouldn't be getting the job. So when he recieved the call that he actually did, he'd been incredibly surprised.

Still, he was grateful for the opportunity – not everyone who just graduated college managed to get themselves a decent job right off the bat. It usually took quite a few tries.

"Either way, I still took all my credentials with me, in case you'd like to see them for yourself." He was already opening his bag, ready to pull out his diploma, resume and everything.

gregory sidney phillips
greg
he/him
single
not sure
cto prince industries
talon
Greg couldn't help but smile at the very, polite, description of his mother. That was nice of him, though Greg had a few other words he might have used in place of thorough but he wasn't about to start slating his own family in front of a new employee. Especially the fact the family was still owners of the business.

Sure, okay, he said, nodding his head towards where Andy was reaching into his bag. He didn't need to see any paperwork really, if his mother approved of Andy then there was no real need for him to investigate further. But he wanted to know more about Andy without actually having to ask all those weird, awkward questions.

Taking a sip of his coffee she adjusted himself in his chair. He'd never been very good at sitting still, his parents had had him tested for everything and anything they could to put a name on it but it just seemed like he had a lot of energy he couldn't get rid of.

But office work had calmed him down over the years, sort of.

I can only apologise for my general look, I usually wear a suit when I have meetings and shit, he offered as some sort of explanation. The office is supposed to be a smart, business, look but, eh, I'm not especially good at following my own rules.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
marcus andrew parks
andy
he/him
single
bisexual
personal assistent
maggie
With a small smile, Andy slid his paperwork across the desk – it's odd, he thought, how those few pieces of paper held all the valuable information there was to know about him. He tore his gaze away from the letters, back up at the man across from him.

Yet he knew nothing about him.

But that would come soon enough, he figured. Can't be someone's personal assistent without things getting, well, personal.

"Oh, it's alright. I'm usually more of a jeans guy myself." Andy chuckled softly, relieved he apparently didn't overdress – Greg just underdressed.

Fiddling his thumbs in his lap, Andy took a moment to glance around the office. A workspace usually gave a lot away about the person working there. Then again, it could also just be the things someone wanted to give away – and those were usually the least interesting.

"So," he eventually spoke up again. "What exactly will be expected of me?" Sure, he had gotten a lot of information during the interviewing process, but Andy liked to have everything clear and confirmed.

gregory sidney phillips
greg
he/him
single
not sure
cto prince industries
talon
It felt weird to be looking over someone's resume when they already had a job. But Greg liked knowing things about his small staff team. it gave them something to talk about and well, most days greg preferred to talk than to work - which was probably why his mother had agreed to a PA, to keep him on track.

Greg's lips curled into a smile as he gazed over the nice clothes Andy had put on. He was going to have to make more of an effort if his assistant was going to be so well dressed. He couldn't be out done in his own office. That wouldn't sit well with any of their clients. He made a mental note to go shopping later on, but for now he had coffee and an assistant to get to know.

He paused reading the papers for a moment, picking up his coffee and leaning back in his chair so he could finish it off. Well to begin with you'll be my calendar - my receptionist with start sending calls through to you and it'll be your job to organise things into most important to least important for my attention. You also get to do some 'data management' which is office speak for organising the paperwork - though I'm actually pretty good at it already so it's not like you have years of work to catch up on.

With a smile he got to his feet, more aware of his clothing again as his ripped jeans showed through to tattoos on his thighs and knees. Bringing his coffee with him he beckoned Andy over to a door in the corner of the room.

This is your office, he said simply, swinging the door open to a bright modern little office. Room for a desk and a wall of filing cabinets. A large window behind showed off the nearby buildings and while the room wasn't huge, it was pretty big for one person.

You can do whatever you want to this room, it's yours so go wild. Sadly there's no lock on it, but there's a lock to my door so i guess just keep the door closed if you're up to anything naughty and I won't come in, he said with a wink. Nodding his head he allowed Andy to step in first, leaning on the door frame so he could watch the man in the new space.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution