welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: we currently have a posting challenge going on which you can check out here! be sure to pay attention to the details! this will affect your characters.

Add Reply
New Poll

♔ SWEET BRAVERY, luna/kaia
adrian yuxian hua
CLOSED Posted: Aug 17 2016, 11:13 AM

adrian yuxian hua

jack skellington from the nightmare before christmas

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

lu han

thespian

♀ ♦ 289 posts ♦ 27400 points

on stage, all he wanted to do was scratch.

it was a strange sensation for adrian, to want to abandon his performance and work, and hide away somewhere to dismiss the tattoos kiki had kindly inked on to his skin, to expose real flesh and blood underneath. the moment he was done with his monologue, adrian had raced off the stage, not staying to dramatically and wholeheartedly accept the love of his audience like usual. he broke a few hearts in the process by doing that, those that were used to him lingering around to accept gifts and roses, but he really could not go around apologizing now, could he?

the thespian was unusually on edge, much more anxious than he was about his condition. it was not just his wrists that he was itching to scratch, but to tear the skin and muscles from his head too to expose the skull underneath. he crouched down outside the theater, his head in his hands, adrian more confused than terrified at the moment. it never really extended to being beyond his wrists, but it was a lot stronger this time, urging him to finally just cut himself loose from this world, and become the skeleton that he was always meant to be.

he blinked at the touch of a friendly hand on his shoulder, and he looked up, raising his eyebrows. "oh, hello," adrian smiled as he greeted them. "i know exactly what you are going to ask, so before you do ask it, i am fine." he was lying, of course, having become quite adept to it whenever it came to his condition. his face was straight, his smile pleasant, teeth white. "i hope you enjoyed the performance?"

PM
^
kaia agape argyris
 Posted: Oct 20 2016, 06:10 PM

kaia agape argyris

emily from the corpse bride

N/A

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

tuppence middleton

pianist/aspiring actress

she/her ♦ 232 posts ♦ 31000 points

i don't fit in my skin
Kaia didn’t get a chance to perform on the stage lately as much as she would like to. She enjoyed the stage, it was certainly a fantastic place to be, but lately it had been all about the silver screen for Kaia, as she kept getting small roles that might seem silly to others, but it was so fantastic to her. And that meant she didn’t have as much time as she used to, between that and the piano and her dates with Dimitri. All fabulous things, but she missed theater something fierce in her chest. She possibly would have done it anyway, simply because working a lot was a distraction from the oddity that was the memories in her head! She wasn’t yet used to them.

Anyway, this meant that when a chance came along to see a local theater troupe perform, one she had been with herself a time or two when she could, she absolutely had to jump at it. They were fantastic, there was no doubt about it and she wanted to soak it all in, enjoy the theater even if it meant doing so from the audience perspective. She enjoyed doing that just as much.

The memories were more…present than usual but easier to accept tonight so it was easy to put them aside and focus. And she was oh so glad that she had. Especially because it meant that she noticed something seemed off with her young friend Adrian. He did not soak up the love and applause that had come after his performance as it made her laugh often to see him do. That concerned her enough to frown, as she was quick to swing in her emotions and it was oh so easy to go from happy to worried with her.

And so she left her seat and went to go and seek him out. Someone had to do it, and she was more than happy to be that person. It didn’t take her long to locate him and she headed over, gently touching his shoulder to get his attention. He looked up and spoke and she let him, but afterwards she tilted her head and sat down by him, easily. Kaia was nothing if not honest, even when it was quite clear that some comforting little white lies would be better. But not in the long run, if you asked her. She hummed softly and leaned back a bit.

”I always enjoy your performance, Adrian dear” she said, flashing him a smile easily and then she shook her head. ”But I do not believe you. And if you want to talk about it, I’m right here. Or if not, well, I’m still right here” she said, with a little laugh as she settled herself in. She was determined to have a conversation with him either way, but she also most certainly didn’t push. Perhaps it was because deep down she was a proper Victorian lady with not so proper sensibilities.

TAG: adrian yuxian hua; WORDS : 503 NOTES: <3
coded by RESCUE RANGER ! of ATF

PM
^
adrian yuxian hua
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 02:22 AM

adrian yuxian hua

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

lu han

thespian

adrian was not too sure how he was going to explain his predicament to just anyone, but seeing kaia made his heart warm a little. the blonde was great. she was his fellow actress, and they had worked together on occasion, performing together. adrian liked her. she was lovely, very quirky, and didn't really have a bone to pick with anyone. who knew, she might actually be the right person to talk about this. besides his family, and andy, and kiki, no one else really knew about his obsession to want to die. it was so much stronger than before, and he was reacting to it so vigorously, the skeleton in him itching to scratch more and more.

he chuckled. "you wouldn't believe me, anyway." he never really bothered telling, knowing that people were likely going to write him off as going out of his mind. he was already batty, at least in his opinion, more quirky than most. on the bright side, he had a fair amount of friends due to his sociable, chatty nature. "but i'm really glad you enjoyed my performance! i live to please." what sort of thespian would he be if he did not give it his all all the time?

"but how have you been?" absentmindedly, adrian pulled the sleeves of his costume up, revealing the faint scratches on his wrist. without much conscious effort, he began to pick at them, before realizing what exactly he was doing. he hurriedly moved his hands away, and shoved them into his pocket, fidgeting as though the bones in him were moving, and were vying to rid themselves of the skin that enveloped them. "maybe you should have performed with me tonight. you would have made a fine juliet."

kaia agape argyris

PM
^
kaia agape argyris
 Posted: Dec 19 2016, 10:41 PM

kaia agape argyris

N/A

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

tuppence middleton

pianist/aspiring actress

i don't fit in my skin
Kaia was more than a little bit concerned about her friend Adrian, after finding him here. He didn’t take in the applause. She was pretty sure that she had never seen him do such a thing. So she had gone off to find him and offer him a listening ear if he wanted to talk about it. She wasn’t the sort to push but heck, she couldn’t help but nudge a little bit. She liked to be a good friend if she could to her friends. They had always been good to her! They were why she was still here to care.

He said that he thought she wouldn’t believe him, and she smiled, and shook her head. ”I like to keep an open mind!” she insisted after he finished speaking and then grinned wider. ”But of course I did. When do I ever not?” she asked, tilting her head a little bit. It was true. She adored the hteater but only when she was watching those who knew what they were doing! But oh, she hoped she could nudge him into telling her what had gotten under his skin! It sucked to feel like you were alone with a problem.

She noticed him fidgeting a little bit and was curious, curious too by what she saw but… heck, she covered her skin in tattoos. It still made her frown a little bit. Note to self. How had she been? She had been fabulous but that was not the point here! She laughed a little bit at his comment and rocked backwards a bit. ”I’ve been well, just busy! Hence no Juliet” she said ,grinning widely still. ”But give me a call next time there’s auditions! I’m sure that I can make the time, of course, always for the stage.” What aspiring actress wouldn’t give up all their time for such a thing? Kaia was just testing her silver screen chops but she adored the instant reaction of a live audience!

”How have you been, Adrian? It’s been ages and ages” she said, realizing that in a way she had repeated her earlier questioning of what was going on and not believing it was nothing but she couldn’t help but ask once more, even if she was just doing so fairly innocently to make sure that all was well. She just didn’t trust that it was. It seemed too likely that something could very possibly be wrong and she didn’t want that to go on if she had anything to say about it.

And besides, she knew all about thinking things that didn’t make sense or not thinking anyone would believe what you were thinking. She herself had new found thoughts and ideas in her head. So she got all about that. And she herself was, well, quirky was the usual word, wasn’t it? So she anted to be here and listen and that was that.

TAG: adrian yuxian hua; WORDS : 490 NOTES: https://s19.postimg.org/e19f7p3cj/4uGhZqO.png

PM
^
adrian yuxian hua
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 09:53 AM

adrian yuxian hua

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

lu han

thespian

lean on me kaia agape argyris
she was insistent that she would believe him. adrian didn't doubt her, not really. kaia has not let him down even after all this time, despite his trash talking and occasional macabre topics. the blonde was always willing to lend a listening ear to him, even if he was yakking nonsense. she seemed always entertained somehow for some reason, and he wondered how she put up with him on a regular basis. she was a darling, such a dear to everyone she came across. he grinned widely when she said that she had indeed enjoyed his performance, giving her a little bow. "thank you, thank you. it's always good to hear that from friends." and guests alike. adrian loved the attention and compliments he received from being in the spotlight. he lived for them.

"i'll put in a good word for you! then you just come in for the audition," he went on, beaming. he liked working with kaia, she was always up for giving him constructive criticism for his performances too, and him vice versa. oh, the company knew kaia alright, bur he was always willing to gush about her to ensure she got the role. of course, the decision at the end of the day always ended up with the directors and executives blah blah but kaia was always perfect for everything, at least to the biased adrian.

adrian blinked. "i dunno? i've just been having these super weird dreams lately." and then he found himself opening up more and more, because this was kaia, and she wouldn't judge him for this, right? no one really asked about his wellbeing, they just assumed that he was fine, and left it at that. adrian hadn't really cared about that, but now he realized just how much her concern meant to him. "like i'm supposed to be dead. like how i'm actually a skeleton." he began to play with his fingers, cracking and clicking them, still fidgeting. "it's been even worse as of late."

PM
^
kaia agape argyris
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 07:22 PM

kaia agape argyris

N/A

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

tuppence middleton

pianist/aspiring actress

i don't fit in my skin
Kaia was so happy to have come out to see Adrian. He was such a good performer, it was always great to watch him work. And definitely surprising to see him leave without a proper bow or two. So of course she had gone off to find him! And now she was quite content to be here, to sit with him and chat even if he didn’t tell her what was wrong—she was hopeful that he might eventually but oh she wouldn’t push. She just liked to be there for her friends. They were always there for her after all, through thick and thin.

She didn’t mind if he wanted to go around it, she would just try to bring it up again as subtly as possible in the future. As for his performance. She beamed at him, happy to see him grin and bow. ”You’re very welcome, but I’ve never seen you give a bad performance” she teased. She knew what hard work went into making sure of such things, of course, but still! It was a compliment freely given and fully meant to her friend. Adrian and the stage were simply meant to be.

She laughed, so utterly pleased with the idea of it! She had been busy but like she had said, she would always try to make time for the stage, her first love, her truest love. And to hear him say he would put in a good word so she could just come in and audition. ”Now that is the mark of a true friend, Adrian” she informed him, nudging his shoulder with her own. Oh yes, now that would be fun. Perhaps she would have to take him up on it. Oh yes, it was already something she had in her mind to do.

How was he, she asked her earlier question in a round about sort of manner to see if he was going to answer this time. How was he? She tilted her head and waited to see if she would get an answer. Super weird dreams lately. She nodded, knowing, oh she knew all about those. Before she had realized more than just the dreams, those had been plenty frequent. It had lead to some of her more morbid fascinations that she didn’t think were too odd. But she just nodded and let him speak. That was important, right? Right.

Like he was supposed to be dead—now that rang true for her as well, supposed to be dead—and a skeleton—that one not so much but she nodded all the same—it was worse as of late. She nodded a little bit, tiny frown. ”Dreams are normal, I think. I’ve dreamed of being dead too. But I quite like you not being a skeleton” she teased him with a smile. ”Worse how… oh! If you don’t mind me asking of course, Adrian dear” she said with a gentler smile. Worse she was curious about. She wondered how other people took the idea of dreaming of death. How it affected Adrian that his seemed one step further towards skeletons.

TAG: adrian yuxian hua; WORDS : 524 NOTES: https://s19.postimg.org/e19f7p3cj/4uGhZqO.png

PM
^
adrian yuxian hua
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 01:52 AM

adrian yuxian hua

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

lu han

thespian

THERE AIN'T NO REST FOR THE WICKED
adrian grinned, and snorted. "i don't do bad performances, dear. they're always the best." never would he falter on stage unless he was sick, but even when he was, he didn't push himself to set foot on it. no, he'd much rather be replaced than give the world a shitty performance that would be branded into their head for the rest of their lives. he didn't think that he would be able to accept the embarrassment. the boy was too proud for that, always wanting to bring the best out of himself and his character whenever he was on stage. he beamed at kaia, clearly happy at the flattery and praise that poured forth from her mouth. what a sweetheart.

"hey, us actors gotta help each other out." frankly, he was selfish, and usually couldn't give a rat's ass about other actors that weren't as good as him, but the difference was that he cared and liked kaia. to have someone that entertained the shit talking that he liked to do, or threw flowers alongside the audience whenever he was performing...adrian was inclined to bend over backwards for kaia. he didn't really have very many friends, understandably so, but he did like to call kaia as one of his own. he would do anything for her, anything at all...maybe a step lower than her boyfriend's, but he definitely would.

the thespian chuckled. she and everyone else. not once has anyone encouraged him to go back and be a skeleton, but he couldn't help himself from continuously thinking about it. it just felt so right. "yeah? it sounds really great, though. but wait, you dream that you were dead, too? were you a skeleton, too?" he would have expected it from someone like kaia, since she did think of things like that too, sometimes. of the macabre, just like him. "i want to scratch more," admitted adrian. "my girlfriend's tattoos have helped...but..." raising his arms, he pushed his sleeves back to reveal fresh scratch marks visible among the colours of the tattoos. "...yeah."

PM
^
kaia agape argyris
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 05:19 PM

kaia agape argyris

N/A

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

tuppence middleton

pianist/aspiring actress

i don't fit in my skin
Kaia laughed and shook her head a little bit. ”This I do not doubt, darling” she informed him when he spoke saying he didn’t do bad performances. As she had said, she had never seen him give a bad one. And she went out of her way to see quite a lot! First off, Kaia adored the theater something fierce and loved to be a part of it herself when she wasn’t off auditioning or playing the piano. Second, it was Adrian! She considered him to be a dear friend and loved to watch him act and embody whichever part it was that he had earned the right to portray. It was wonderful.

It was one of their common bonds, really, the theater. Though Kaia wouldn’t say that of herself, that she always gave a fabulous performance. But it was easier to control her mood swings when she was being someone else, so she adored it either way. And she had to be decent at the very least, or she wouldn’t have gotten the roles that she had gotten, correct? Correct. Or at least, that was what she told herself!

Speaking of acting, she was oh so pleased at the idea of acting with Adrian again, if she had the time to do so! ”Never were truer words spoken” she insisted. It was a tough business and it was important to help out each other! But she knew so many that would jealously not pass on the message, or help out a fellow actor, just to make sure that the competition was lesser! How rude was that? Sure, she wouldn’t go out of her way for someone she didn’t like… that was just the way it was. But for her friends? She would happily. So she was so pleased that Adrian had counted her worthy of such.

She teased him, not wanting him to be a skeleton. She thought she understood the dreams though, when she had those of her own. It sounded great though to him. For all that Kaia was infatuated with the morbid, with tales of the dead and didn’t shy away from such things, she wasn’t sure whether or not she would say the same. She felt like the time before, she had gone before her time. She wasn’t sure she wanted that again! But she could understand. She paused. ”Not… quite. More, skeletal than skeleton” she said, grinning, pleased that he had trusted her with that. With telling her.

She blinked and reached out, almost to touch what he had exposed and then realized that that could be quite rude. But it had swung her down so sad to see it! She frowned slightly and tilted her head. She was trying to keep the sad inside, that wouldn’t help. She just couldn’t always help the way she swung around. But she was getting better at keeping it inside. ”I’m glad the tattoos help but, oh. I’m sorry to see that dear. Maybe you need something to distract the scratching fingers. Rings or something to fiddle with?” she suggested.

TAG: adrian yuxian hua; WORDS : 524 NOTES: https://s19.postimg.org/e19f7p3cj/4uGhZqO.png

PM
^
adrian yuxian hua
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 10:36 PM

adrian yuxian hua

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

lu han

thespian

lean on me kaia agape argyris
having her affirm that he indeed gave his audience killer performances every time made the young man beam happily. confident as he was the his best was always the best, it felt nice to hear it from kaia's mouth herself...even if she was generally a nice, sweet person in the first place. a little morbid, but definitely a darling. adrian looked out for kaia instinctively and unconsciously, a rare feat given how self-absorbed he tended to get in his own career. he couldn't help it when it came to the blonde, always maintaining constant contact with her to see how she was doing. he vaguely knew of her own demons, but never asked about them, not wanting to set anything unwanted of. besides, she looked as though she had enough on her plate already without him bringing that up.

more skeletal than skeleton? it was close enough. adrian leaned forward a little more, clearly interested in what she had to say. he has always been interested in the morbid and the macabre, and kaia was always willing to to contribute in such talks. honestly, it made opening up to her all the more easier. it felt good to get this off his chase, and to hear that she had something similar made it much better. he noted kaia's suggestions, and nodded slowly. that could...that could really work. something to fiddle with whenever he got the itch to scratch. the tattoos helped, but he knew what was real, and what was not. true bone lay underneath sinew and muscle beneath his skin.

"that could....actually work. thank you, kaia," admitted adrian, pulling his sleeves back down. it was worth a shot, sceptical he was about it. it would not exactly heal the whole need to scratch thing, but it would keep his fingers before from mutilating himself. hey, it wasn't as if he liked doing it. once he started, he didn't want to stop no matter how much pain he was in. "but tell me more about your skeletal self! i'd like to hear about that."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]