welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: an activity check is starting! check it out here!

Add Reply
New Poll

making the most of the night
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 12:39 AM

sophia regina bayley

sophie hatter from Howl's Moving Castle

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

She/her ♦ 538 posts ♦ 90000 points

all i need is your body heat right next to me
relationships were new to sophia. now that she was in one she didn't know what to do. the last time she had kissed someone it had turned out to lead to nothing. with roman, she didn't want the same outcome to happen. this time, she was going to work hard to make everything right. though, this was their first valentine after only a month since their first kiss. meaning she had no clue what to do for the special day.

many different ideas had run through her head. sewing something for him was always an option, but she had already made him stuff for both his birthday and christmas. plus, work was extremely busy with the holiday all about love coming up. all she could do in the end was buy some chocolate from the local store. making chocolates had been a possibility, the only downside, besides having no time, was that she had never made them before. already she had many firsts with roman: first new years, first scarf, first real relationship. listing them all made her realize just how much roman had affected her life in such a short amount of time.

in the end, she had texted asking him to stop by after he finished his shift at work. the day had been full of work, even if it was a sunday, forcing her to take a quick nap before roman was meant to arrive. such a short time meant there she had no dreams. lately, she had been dreaming of roman. most of the time she couldn't remember what happened besides a vague sense that it had been a happy dream. if she did remember it was, usually, nightmares caused by her worry. today, she craved the happy dreams that could become reality.

before she could finish taming the bedhead she suddenly had the doorbell was ringing. if she was someone that cursed this would be the time for those particular words. instead, sophia just glared at her reflection in the mirror. oh well, the makeup she had put on earlier in the day was still halfway decent. between her bedroom and the door the glare turned into a smile. even with the worry that roman often brought there was also happiness in her heart at the thought of him.

"hello!" sophia said after she opened the door. "i am so happy you were able to come over." the chocolate was waiting on the table by the door meaning it was easy for her to grab now. before she could lose her courage she was holding the chocolate out for roman to take. "i just wanted to give this to you since it is valentines day. i am sorry it isn't very much."

roman hale laverne

PM
^
roman hale laverne
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 01:04 AM

roman hale laverne

cerberus from hercules

pronouns:

sexuality:

pansexual

face claim:

hugh dancy

bodyguard/hitman

♀ ♦ 427 posts ♦ 54100 points

#veritatis.
it was the time of the pink again. roman didn't really get valentine's, and hadn't bothered to google it or anything. all he knew that that in mid february, shops would be turning pink, hearts were everywhere, and chocolate was being sold for an alarming price. he watched as people scurried up and down, exiting florists with roses, and some even walking out of stores with massive gift baskets. roman had been puzzled, but he had left it at that. his father hadn't celebrated valentine's - hell, his father had never celebrated anything besides the death of another rival syndicate. he sighed, flipping through the comic he had been pawing through as he finished up his shift. with the shop repaired, he had his job back, and had burned through his twelve hours by loitering and occasionally dragging out a troublesome client.

at least he had something to look forward to in the evening. sophia had invited him over again. a grin broke across his face as he thought about the young woman. somehow, in all the time they had spent together, roman was finally finding himself in a legitimate relationship that was not just a booty call. ever since he found himself liking the woman more and more, and even going as far as to kiss her, he was happy. something in him kept nagging though, that his current relationship with sophia was far from safe. he was aware of the other two within him who had no idea who she was. he hadn't told her about them either, or the blood that he spilled for a living, too happy with the illusion that everything was perfect.

leaving the shop with a smile on his face, he immediately made his way towards sophia place. normally, he would end up going to pub instead and drinking the night away, but she was actually making his life healthier by being with him. "i couldn't deny you," he replied, his grin becoming wider. he blinked when chocolate appeared in her hands. momentarily confused. "valentine's day? oh, you mean the pink all around the place." smiling, he accepted the gift, though his eyes were still confused. "i don't get the occasion, but thank you."

sophia regina bayley

© kristen

PM
^
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 01:34 AM

sophia regina bayley

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

she had watched from a distance all throughout high school other people's valentines. couples coming together or people getting rejected. they had already had their first kiss meaning that she couldn't get rejected tonight. still, the worry was curled deep inside of her. with roman, she was probably always going to worry. sophia just cared too much to not worry about the what ifs.

jumping him right at the door probably wasn't the smartest of ideas. inviting him in to talk in the living room would have been a better idea. oh well, it was too late to go back now. roman didn't seem to mind too much causing the dragon of worry to uncurl a little. a light blush dusted her cheeks at his words.a response didn't come immediately to mind besides uuuhhh along with more stammering. this was the first time someone had said they couldn't deny her something. always she had been denied anything she wanted or needed. "thank you." eventually came out in response.

her thoughts were finally put into order at the mention of all the pink. "yes, this holiday is certainly very pink." the color seemed a little strange to sophia as well, but she was used to it. years of sewing pink and red dresses had gotten her used to the colors. "i don't really as well, i think it is mainly to say that you have feelings for someone else." the kiss had shown that there was some feeling between the two of them. the chocolates just were there to seal the deal. "i didn't have much in mind besides giving you those. i think most people go out, but i know you just worked and are probably tired." another night they could go out to eat when there would be fewer people flocking to the restaurants.

roman hale laverne

PM
^
roman hale laverne
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 01:53 AM

roman hale laverne

cerberus from hercules

pronouns:

sexuality:

pansexual

face claim:

hugh dancy

bodyguard/hitman

#veritatis.
having been homeschooled for his whole life, roman hadn't really the opportunity to go out and make friends then. the only few friends that he had were somehow managed to be earned from him sneaking out, and that was where he had met bailey. she was his solace, his reprieve from the harsh life that he had led, and while he hadn't really developed romantic feelings for his best friend, she had shown him how to live. there really wasn't much growth and room for love, as most of his life had been spent trying to stay alive. roman hadn't loved anyone, more protective and fond of the people he cared about. with sophia though, the mutt was becoming more and more bemused with himself, and he wondered if that this was the love everyone adored talking about.

"it sounds as if pink is the colour of love," he said, looking thoughtful. it was most certainly a bright color, alongside its darker counterpart, red. perhaps he should google more on this valentine's day, and see its origins and all. maybe he could show his affections too just like everyone was doing with the confectionery and flowers. he was confused though, because why today of all days? if one wanted to proclaim their love, should it not be everyday? he sighed, scratching the back of his neck, knowing that if he tried to think through it further, his brain would explode. "wait, what do you mean you 'don't really' celebrate?" his eyebrows rising, roman frowned. "you should have plenty of people giving you chocolate."

roman gave her an apologetic smile. "a little bit. you do know that most of my work requires me sitting around, yes?" also bruising his fists, but that was a story for another time. "but if you'd like to go out, we could." opening the box of chocolates (he really couldn't help himself, he was hungry), he popped a piece into his mouth before offering one to sophia. "i don't mind staying in either."

sophia regina bayley

© kristen

PM
^
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 02:22 AM

sophia regina bayley

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

sophia couldn't draw well at all. time and time again she had tried to work with a pencil. always, she returned back to her sewing machine that she loved. colors though, with colors she could be an artist of the fabric. "you are right pink is one of the colors of love. meaning it is in high demand this time of the year." sophia replied. everywhere one looked there was pink everywhere. valentine's day was even worse than saint patrick's day with how in demand one color was. at least, with saint paddy's day, the color was only needed for one day and not for almost a whole month.

a slight shrug of her shoulders was part of sophia's answer to roman. "i mean i never have had a reason to celebrate before. most people just give chocolate to people they feel romantically towards." the rest of her words were swallowed before they could reach the air. she wasn't going to admit now that no one had ever given her chocolate. childhood obligation was the only time anyone had ever really given her any sweets on the holiday and those certainly didn't count.

there was no clear picture in her mind of what being a bodyguard actually entailed. often, she forgot what exactly roman did. "right, i always seem to forget that." it was her time to give him an apologetic smile. that nap she had taken had been a smart idea now that there was a chance to spend more time with him. no matter how she might feel if there was even a chance sophia could spend more time with the man she was going to be there for him.

nibbling on the piece of chocolate that roman had offered her gave sophia a little bit of time to think. staying in was always sophia's preference if the option was available. for the last holiday they had celebrated the way she had wanted meaning that it was roman's turn tonight. though, they also didn't have reservations anywhere meaning it might be hard to get a table anywhere. "we can go out and see if there are any openings anywhere. if that doesn't work we can get take out to eat while watching a movie you picked out." there that way they both had the chance of getting what they might desire.

roman hale laverne

PM
^
roman hale laverne
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 12:19 PM

roman hale laverne

cerberus from hercules

pronouns:

sexuality:

pansexual

face claim:

hugh dancy

bodyguard/hitman

#veritatis.
roman's eyes were wide as he gazed at her increculously. never received chocolate? never??? who in their right minds would not want to gift sophia with chocolate? hell, he had expected her to have plenty of suitors, well, not now, but at least back then. it seems that he was wrong. "well, i never," he said, puffing up, and looking offended. sophia was a gem, really, and he was offended that people were not seeing what he saw. she was beautiful, tender even, with a maternal streak that he found endearing. she always wanted to take care of people, and looked after those that she called her own, him pretty much being included now as well. "you deserve chocolate. you deserve - i don't have it on me now, but you will have it." if giving chocolate was a good way to show romantic feelings, then damn straight he was going to dump a load of it on sophia.

he mused. there was no way they would be able to find a place in a restaurant since it was valentine's day, and seeing how romantic it was and all, he was pretty sure they were going to spend hours lining up for a table. he did want to have a good evening with sophia though, and since going out wasn't exactly an option....roman's face lit up. "i know what we can do for valentine's," he said, his smile becoming crooked. it was a special day and all, so he could also do something special for her, yes?

"i am going to prepare a meal for you!" she had done most of the cooking for him after all, and he figured that now was a good time as any to repay her for her kindness. roman could not guarantee that he was not going to burn anything, since he didn't exactly practice regularly in the kitchen, but he was trying. "you can direct me, if you want," roman went on, his tone firm. there would be no work for sophia tonight, unless he came close to burning her home down.

sophia regina bayley

© kristen

PM
^
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 06:12 PM

sophia regina bayley

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

there had never been anyone sophia had wanted to give chocolate to before. whatever she had felt for wolfram died before the holiday of love. before him there was no one beside lydia in her life. of course, her sister and markus always got cards, but that was because they were her family. even family members needed to be reminded of the love they might not always feel.

sophia had always been the one to say that roman deserved everything. hearing that word out of his mouth sounded strange. did she really deserve chocolate? what about roman's love did she deserve that as well? no matter what she thought apparently, roman believed she did. a shy smile curved her lips. "thank you. just you saying that means a lot to me." even if she never got the offered chocolate sophia would treasure his words forever. they meant more to her than any physical item might because roman had said them to her.

no matter how often she saw his smiles sophia always replied with one of her own. his happiness brightened his whole face making his handsome features even more handsome if that was even possible. knowing that he was happy combined with that image always made her own face brighten.

his suggestion made her eyes widen in both happiness and surprise. usually, she was the one that always did the cooking. after all, that was what she loved to do was take care of others by making them delicious dinners to eat. "that sounds like a great idea, roman." lydia was the only one that ever could take the kitchen away from her domain. if roman wanted to, sophia would gladly let him have the run of her kitchen. it would be nice to eat something someone else made for the first time in a while. "if you need my directions i will happily help." sophia replied. turning away from the door she beckoned roman to follow her deeper into the house. "do you have anything in mind? i know my kitchen is pretty full, but we might have to go out and get something."

roman hale laverne

PM
^
roman hale laverne
 Posted: Mar 20 2016, 10:16 AM

roman hale laverne

cerberus from hercules

pronouns:

sexuality:

pansexual

face claim:

hugh dancy

bodyguard/hitman

#veritatis.
tonight was a time when sophia would not have to lift a finger whatsoever. having grown accustomed to treating her specially compared to how he treated his friends and colleagues (no family, since he no longer had one, and even if he did, he doubted that they would want anything to do with him.) it dawned on him just how alone he was, with only the community that he had built for himself counting as family if anything, but he did not want to dampen valentine's day by being tender and melancholy. even if roman had every right to do so, and it was also way long overdue, he did not want to worry sophia any further with his own silly insecurities.

"yes, then i shall rely on your directions, then. you're not allowed to lift a finger unless i'm about to set the place on fire." that was about it, and he didn't think that he would need anymore assistance than that. "let us see." roman glanced around, honestly not knowing shit. she had the herbs and the spices, and the seasonings....and there was also some leftover unused chicken in the fridge. "ah, this will do." he had not come entirely unprepared, and he did know how to pan fry food...to an extent. poking further into her fridge, he hummed with satisfaction seeing some mixed vegetables.

a simple meal would have to do. how hard could it be?

first, he nearly sliced a finger off dicing garlic and onions. oil splattered on to his face in little droplets as he attempted to pan fry the chicken breast. "no no, you sit - ouch - i'm okay, sophia!" this obviously was not going too well for him, as the chicken looked charred, and the vegetables...they were not vegetables anymore. "i can kill a man, but i can't even fucking fry a bloody chicken," he muttered darkly under his breath as he flipped the meat over, looking very irritated.

sophia regina bayley

© kristen

PM
^
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 11:23 PM

sophia regina bayley

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

this was not how sophia expected this night to go. seeing roman to give him his chocolate had been the plan. after that she had, honestly, expected him to just leave. instead, he was standing in her kitchen cooking. it was an odd sight to see a man let alone anyone in her kitchen. sure, markus came over often even then he never really cooked. it would be even better if she was in there cooking with him. even then the view wasn't too bad. "fine, as long as you promise not to set my house on fire," sophia replied before taking a seat at the table. home insurance would cover anything if there was a fire. even then she really didn't want to deal with one tonight or any other day.

with one elbow sitting on the table sophia rested her head on her palm to watch the show. only a few minutes passed before sophia got the hint that roman didn't know what he was doing. slowly, she went from relaxed to sitting straight up and down rigid with worry. blood on roman's finger made her gasp. cuts happened all the time. still, blood was blood. "roman? are you okay?" she was about ready to stand up when he replied. with a sigh she sat back down. it was nice having someone cook for her. still, it was turning out to be more stressful. blood near food just didn't mix.

at the sight of the ruined food she did stand up. no matter how much he insisted roman really did need a little bit of help if they wanted to have anything to eat tonight. when roman spoke next she was close enough to hear his murmured words. "kill a man? i hope you have never had to do that." he was a bodyguard meaning he would have to know how to hurt someone. still, being able to kill someone and having killed someone were two very different areas.

the counter beside the stove was the best place to lean against so she could see both the food and roman. "do you want help now? or we could always order in." even she couldn't think of a way to save the chicken now. sophia doubted even dog would want to eat the charred meat. "i don't think even cpr could save those now."

roman hale laverne

PM
^
roman hale laverne
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 11:48 AM

roman hale laverne

cerberus from hercules

pronouns:

sexuality:

pansexual

face claim:

hugh dancy

bodyguard/hitman

#veritatis.
roman grimaced. it wasn't a promise he could easily keep with the way he was going with the food. "i'll do my best." truly, it was the last thing he wanted to happen. he felt embarrassed, really. he was good at killing people, good with a gun and knives, good in punching the lights out of people, but he cannot cook. the man had survived on nothing but takeout, and realized just how inept he was in this particular department. he was indeed half-expecting on setting the whole kitchen on fire, as much as he did not want to.

his finger was bleeding. roman glared, turning away to run his finger underneath the tap. he grimaced, hissing slightly at the pain. he had suffered worse cuts than this, more severe wounds that had required surgery, but this was no cakewalk either. "oh, no," he grunted smoothly. "nope." roman was a good liar when it came to his job. there was no hesitance in his voice whatsoever. it was something he did regularly, sidestepping the truth about the shady life he led behind the scenes. and soph did not need to know about it.

"yeah, i messed up," he sighed, turning off the gas. the place was a mess. he picked up the pan, and threw away the charred food. "i should just leave you to do the cooking next time." he hung his head, flushing, and looking even more embarrassed than before. maybe he should have accepted her help in the first place, but he really had wanted to try for her. he looked up at her, bottom lip jutting out, looking sulky. "boooo."

sophia regina bayley

© kristen

PM
^
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 12:03 AM

sophia regina bayley

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

watching roman work in her kitchen sophia felt like this was finally home. as much as home could get without her sister there with them. though, even if lydia had been living at home she wouldn't have been here. lydia hadn't seemed to like roman when she was around. sophia hadn't really understood where the dislike came from. roman had always seemed like a kind, caring man to her.

no longer did sophia have to constantly care about what her sister thought. there was more in her world now. a man that, surprisingly, wanted to be with her still ans she wanted to be with him, even if he couldn't cook. roman did have an excuse of having a job that took up a large chunk of his time. at least, during that time, he wasn't out there killing people. "good. because i wouldn't want to lose you to the police just after finding you." they had just over a month together. what sophia wanted was a future together with him. a future that could be ruined if he ended up killing the wrong person or getting caught by the police.

his pout made her laugh. sophia hadn't thought he could be anything but handsome. she had been wrong because sulky looked very cute on his face. "don't worry about it. i wasn't the best either when i first started. next time, do you want to cook together?" if sophia had her way there was always going to be a next time in her world with roman. a next time eating together. leading to the eventuality of the next time they woke up together. reaching out she patted roman's hand. "how about we order in? have you had chinese lately?" there was bound to be a take out menu around here somewhere. cooking every single night got old after a little while.

roman hale laverne

PM
^
roman hale laverne
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 11:06 AM

roman hale laverne

cerberus from hercules

pronouns:

sexuality:

pansexual

face claim:

hugh dancy

bodyguard/hitman

roman kept his smile, but his mouth twitched. he wasn't keen on losing sophia, just the thought of being locked away in a cell awaiting his execution while she waited for him to come back was just....for some reason, he was actually reluctant to acknowledge the image. he just didn't like it, and he rarely got attached to people. the only people he acknowledge that he was not comfortable with losing was either his bosses and bailey, and now there was also soph to think about. it was valentine's day, and he was celebrating it with...with his girlfriend. he chuckled inwardly, acknowledging just how far he had come in life. to actually have a girlfriend, no, not those short, fuck buddy relationships. an actual girlfriend in a sweet woman that he did not deserve.

he didn't say anything. he couldn't promise her that he would always be safe from the authorities. anything could happen.

his eyebrows rose, and his smile widened. "that's an idea. maybe you can give me a few pointers next time on how not to burn food." surely, it was a skill that even an idiot like him could learn. if he could learn how to fire a gun or play around with knives, then he most certainly could cook. it shouldn't be too difficult, since it was not rocket science, right? he didn't think cooking would be that easy to botch up, though. but he wasn't too worried, since with sophia around now, he'd get it eventually, yes?

"you know what? chinese sounds brilliant." out came his phone, and he typed feverishly into google, looking up chinese take outs. "i could do with some chow mein." take outs were his specialty, since it was all his generally ate. occasionally, he'd make some pasta for himself, but it was mostly either aglio olio or bolognese. he couldn't make anything beyond that. unless a sandwich counted, of course. placing his order in, he handed his phone to sophia. "here." sidling up behind her, roman rested his chin on her head, breathing her in, and wrapping his arms around her. "the fried rice isn't bad either."

PM
^
sophia regina bayley
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 09:50 AM

sophia regina bayley

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

Demisexual

face claim:

anna popplewell

fashion designer

being in love had never been apart of sophia's plans. honestly, she really didn't have any plans at all besides raising lydia. her sister had always came first in her life. now, lydia was gone living her life while sophia was here. thankfully, she was not alone anymore. if she had been in the same position as before sophia would have probably lost herself. instead, she was here finding out what love tasted like. no wonder people kept saying that it was a drug. sophia had never felt so high in her life. this was a feeling she extremely enjoyed.

today was a day for thinking of happy thoughts of being with the person she loved. not potentially losing him so soon after they started dating. when roman dropped the subject about him getting arrested sophia let the topic go. for tonight she too could let it drop. there was no reason to try and worry about it when there was nothing she could do to convince roman in one night. if anything lydia had taught her that some changes took time before they were beaten into someone's head.

"that sounds like a date then." date was still a word that felt foreign on her tongue. she never had to plan multiple dates before. just knowing that they could have more in the future warmed her from the inside out. "i could show you a trick or two that i had to learn the hard way." a night in cooking with the person she loved sounded like the perfect night to sophia.

she watched roman look up a restaurant with a smile on her face. "mmm, that does sound good." the restaurant was most likely going to busy on today of all days but having some edible food would be worth the wait. as roman gave his order sophia started to clean up the kitchen. even if it wasn't her mess there was no way sophia could keep it looking this way. not if she wanted to sleep tonight. the feeling of his hands on her still made sophia jump. no matter how many times he touched her sophia still felt like it was the awkward first time again. as she took the phone sophia leaned against his chest. "fried rice it is then with an order of sesame chicken." sophia said both to the person on the other end of the phone and roman. after giving the restaurant the information they requested sophia hung up the phone. placing her hands over his sophia relaxed into his grip. "what do you want to do in the meantime? they said it might be a little while."

roman hale laverne

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]