WELCOME
Welcome to Fantasies Unwind, where we encourage you to...let your fantasies unwind. We are an animated movie & tv show spirits site set in San Diego, California! If you have any questions feel free to ask because we are more than happy to answer! We request that you register in all lowercase with your character's name, and that you join us because we'd love for you to become part of our family! (;

our events: lgbt rainbow run

characters of the month:
imogen bennett & mason silver
ship of the month:
kelix
thread of the month:
a shot in the dark

Add Reply
New Poll

i can feel your heart, combae/tora 8)
lydia addison bayley
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 03:55 PM
24 years
she/her
meisa kuroki
san
from princess mononoke
student/vet tech
demisexual
meggles is Offline / 112 posts / she/her

finally found what
we been looking for,

it gets better
and better with time.
birthdays had never really mattered to lydia and she hated feeling obligated to celebrate them. her own birthday been the previous week and, as usual, she'd ignored the day's existence as best she could. she knew that most people liked birthdays and doing something for them though, so she'd decided to do something for tora on his. picking out gifts wasn't exactly one of her fortes - the only person she was good at gift shopping for was sophia, which wasn't exactly surprising since she was her sister. so she'd fretted over what to buy for a couple of days before she finally decided not to get a present for her boyfriend.

instead she'd told him that, if he didn't have work or anything planned with his family, she wanted to have him over for dinner and a movie. it wasn't really anything special but she didn't want to screw up and buy him anything stupid, nor did she want to go out somewhere public because she wouldn't have been as comfortable. this way they could enjoy the evening since she would be more affectionate in private, which tora surely wouldn't mind. she had, at least, gotten him a card (featuring adorable little cartoon dogs in love) and written a note inside. that way he'd have something physical to remind him that she cared and put some level of effort into this.

there was even a cake sitting in the fridge but she wasn't exactly sure how it had turned out. lydia wasn't much of a baker and she usually had her sister's help but she'd wanted to do this on her own since she considered it to be part of tora's present. thankfully, even if the cake wasn't great she knew dinner would be; she was actually quite good at cooking since she considered it an important skill. after all, everybody needs to eat to survive but everybody doesn't need to eat sweets. the real problem thus far wasn't the questionable quality of the birthday cake, however - it was her time management skills.

she'd had classes in the morning and an afternoon shift at work, so when she returned home with an hour to prepare it had seemed like plenty of time. after she'd showered, dressed, and applied a bit of make-up she quickly realized she'd overestimated how much time she had and abandoned her attempts at dolling up. obviously dinner was the priority here so she moved to the kitchen to start on that. it went along without a hitch and she'd nearly finished up when a knock came at the door, causing lydia to curse softly under her breath.

once she was sure everything would be fine left where it was for the next couple of minutes, she headed over to the front door and answered it. "you're on time," she stated in lieu of a greeting, frowning slightly. there shouldn't have been anything wrong with that but she would have liked him to be late this once, just so she could've had extra time to finish getting ready. she'd wanted to look nice for tora, but here she was padding about barefoot with her hair in a messy bun to keep it out of the way while she cooked. at least she was dressed as she'd intended, wearing a red dress that was simple but fit her perfectly.

it was rare for her to wear dresses so she hoped it looked alright. skirts were actually commonplace for her but she always paired them with leather jackets and combat boots so it wasn't quite the same. the overall effect of the dress was diminished by the apron she wore over top to keep it pristine. she despised wearing the thing, white with little red hearts, but it was yet another article of clothing her sister had forced on her because it "looked cute". lydia hated it because it made her feel like she was some sort of domesticated housewife straight out of a 50's sitcom.

dissatisfaction with her appearance aside, she was elated to see tora even if she wasn't outwardly showing it. she pushed herself up on her tiptoes to plant a kiss on his cheek to make up for the less than stellar welcome. displays of affection didn't make her blush anymore but she did still feel a bit embarrassed initiating them, so she quickly pulled back and ushered him inside the apartment. "come in." at least now she had her own apartment, so nobody cough sophia could show up to embarrass her tonight.

notes: taketora alden LMAO I KNOW YOU HAVE FIVE THOUSAND THREADS BUT I SAW IT WAS TORA'S BIRTHDAY AND DECIDED TO DO THIS I REGRET NOTHING
© wyatt
PM
^
taketora alden
 Posted: May 4 2017, 03:54 AM
24 years
haruma miura
ashitaka
from princess mononoke
nurse
heterosexual
combat shotgun is Offline / 252 posts / ♀

he was looking forward to the end of the day. his mornings had been filled with surgery after surgery. it didn't matter if it was his birthday or not, hospitals didn't revolve around his life, and it was just like any other birthday for tora, really, scrubbing in for cases. it was only the passing reminder, and when he was done with his work did he have a breather to realise that he had aged up another year. lydia had invited him over for the night, and he was only too glad to get out of his bloody scrubs and change into something more casual and comfortable. a grin pulled across his lips as he thought about lydia, and her cooking. never had he once seen her at the stove in his entire span of knowing her, so it should be exciting. and even if she had not, he was also only too happy to go out with her to eat. she had made plans for the both of them, it was only right that he went along with them.

just as long as he got to spend his time with her, he was a happy man.

the disheveled figure that greeted him at the door was clearly lydia...tora's eyes zooming towards the apron, and the red dress she was clearly wearing. "i'm always on time," he replied, quirking a brow as he smiled at her kiss. tora has always been disciplined like that, always punctual, always responsible. which was why things that were not in its proper place, or when they went out of line, they ground his gears. fortunately, he had a lot of patience before he snapped, which was both a virtue, and a vice on his part. "you look good," he couldn't help but compliment her then, even if she was clearly a mess. and the apron on her was adorable.

"i've never seen you in a dress before. i like it," tora went on, pulling her close, and pecking her lips. his nose twitched at the smell of food coming from the kitchen, and it dawned on him that she might have just finished cooking. or was in the process of it when he came along. he released her, tilting his head slightly, wondering if he had to get back to cooking. the thought of her having made dinner for the two of them made his heart squeeze, and his lips pulled into a new, warm smile. if it was bad, then he was still going to eat it all, but it smelt wonderful. he didn't know she could cook, it was pleasant surprise for him. "and that...apron." tora was grinning now, tapping it playfully at her shoulder. "it's adorable."

PM
^
lydia addison bayley
 Posted: May 27 2017, 10:38 PM
24 years
she/her
meisa kuroki
san
from princess mononoke
student/vet tech
demisexual

finally found what
we been looking for,

it gets better
and better with time.
it had been several months since they had started dating and lydia was still getting used to being in a relationship. many people found it odd that she had never dated anyone before given that she was in her 20's, but she'd had no real burning desire to do so in the past. of course, it wasn't as though she'd never had feelings for another person but this was the first time she'd actually acted upon it (although she wouldn't have if tora hadn't made the first move). she'd slowly gotten comfortable with this new aspect of her life, however, and quite enjoyed nights like this when she got to spend time with her boyfriend.

she was especially looking forward to it tonight since they hadn't really seen each other in several days. they both had fairly hectic schedules to begin with, and what with her moving and sophia having her kid - it had just been a lot. so it was hard to keep the smile off her face, the genuinely happy one that always managed to surface in moments like this spent with tora. a faint blush spread across her cheeks as she felt a sudden burst of nerves at the mention of her appearance. in all honesty, lydia was an insecure person and she knew she had to look a mess just then. the compliment was appreciated, though, even if she couldn't formulate a proper thank you in return.

"yeah?" she asked, glancing hesitantly down at her dress when he said that he liked it. "well i only wear them on special occasions so consider yourself lucky," she joked, trying to alleviate her embarrassment. while that didn't help much, the quick kiss tora gave her did. it was a reminder that - for whatever reason - he really did like her and it was stupid of her to get worked up over nothing. the smile he gave afterwards did nothing but make her feel even fuzzier inside and lydia couldn't resist pressing a kiss of her own to his lips in return.

the moment was quickly broken and lydia returned to her usual grumpy self at the mention of her adorable apron. she gave him a pointed glare and disentangled herself from the embrace, hating the damn apron even more than before if it associated her with the word "adorable". "watch it, or i'll change my mind about feeding you," she huffed. "you can sit or follow me, i don't care. i'll only be a few minutes either way, so." with that she retreated to the kitchen to finish getting dinner together.

taketora alden
© wyatt
PM
^
taketora alden
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 04:36 AM
24 years
haruma miura
ashitaka
from princess mononoke
nurse
heterosexual

his smile widened at the confirmation that she had worn the dress just for this. it flattered him and delighted him, really, that she had put in the effort just for him. "i am lucky," laughed tora, looking down at her, and he clearly did not mean only just so that he got to see lydia bayley in a dress. what he wouldn't give to see her in this every day, but it wouldn't exactly be very lydia-like either. it would be quite strange, rather out of character for her to look feminine, but it did not mean that he would not enjoy the view either. he was going to enjoy this while it lasted. he couldn't have been happier in this relationship, noting just how much he had fought for her to get to where they were now. he'd do it all over again in a heartbeat, that was a definite. even if the road to it was laced with pain and a lot of grief.

he was happy. happier than he has ever been in a while, ever since he got his license as a fully trained nurse. it was still a little strange to not be in a relationship that wouldn't end in a few months, or simply end up in the bed of a pretty lady because he had gotten drunk the night before. most of tora's relationships had ended on an unfortunate note, simply because they just weren't the right people. he had been content being a single man for some time, occupied with work and his loved ones. now, he had lydia back in his life, and he was determined to make this work with her. if it failed too, then, well, he had something to look back proudly and fondly on at least, on a positive note.

tora chuckled. "i stand by what i said. it does look adorable." if he had to pay the price of not eating, well, then that was something that he was going to have to accept. it probably wasn't helping with her annoyance either, she really must detest the apron, but it did look good on her. he followed after her towards the kitchen, breathing in the scent of cooked food. it smelt wonderful. "what are you making?" he asked her as she finished cooking, looping his arms around her waist, and resting his chin on her shoulder. hell, she could serve burnt charcoal to him and he would still eat it, it was the effort that counted, and all the heart and soul put into it after all.

PM
^
lydia addison bayley
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 09:22 AM
24 years
she/her
meisa kuroki
san
from princess mononoke
student/vet tech
demisexual

finally found what
we been looking for,

it gets better
and better with time.
i'm the lucky one, lydia thought, even if she was too embarrassed to actually say so aloud. it was true, though, since tora had been persistent despite all of the bullshit she'd made him put up with along the way. honestly, she was turning into a giant sap and it was all tora's fault. she was still her usual snarky asshole self most of the time but when it was just the two of them alone like this she could turn into a right mess. all of her pent up affection would just gush out at once like this but she couldn't help it - she was just so happy to see him. she was waiting for the inevitable moment where she did something completely stupid to ruin everything, but until then she'd enjoy every moment she had with tora.

"it won't look so adorable when i'm strangling you with it," she huffed as she made her way into the kitchen. there it was, that's how she was going to ruin this relationship: by murdering him. of course she would never do that but still; threatening him didn't exactly scream happy birthday, now did it? really though, she couldn't feel sorry about it since he was bringing it upon himself by continuing with something that he knew annoyed her. lydia grabbed the last few things she needed out of the fridge before going back to the stove where she had everything else set up. she went back to cooking and tried to ignore her boyfriend as best that she could but he decided to make that impossible for her. of course he'd followed her in here. he was like a puppy that wanted her attention and it made him too cute to be mad at.

she made a noise of protest when he came up behind her to watch but didn't do anything to stop him. "stir fy," she replied simply, leaning back against him. the beef had been marinating, the veggies were all cut up, and the noodles were even from scratch that she'd made a couple days ago and frozen so they would keep. once everything cooked and caramelized and the noodles were boiled, all she'd have to do was throw it together with the sauce and they could eat. that was why lydia loved stir fry; even though the prep work took some time it cooked quickly. plus it was delicious and she become a pro at making it over the years. she'd wanted to make something she was good at, after all, because she was sure that tora probably thought she couldn't cook. and so he'd have a good birthday dinner - that was more important than proving she was good at something. obviously.

taketora alden
© wyatt
PM
^
taketora alden
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 10:01 AM
24 years
haruma miura
ashitaka
from princess mononoke
nurse
heterosexual

i won't let it
go
seeing that she wasn't shoving him off, tora remained in his position, watching her cook. he was impressed, he had to admit. he didn't know that she possessed any sort of cooking skill, always envisioning her as a lady with her boots up on the coffee table, eating takeout. it was a strange sight, but also really endearing. he remained silent as she finished up, content to just stand there and watch her at work with his arms around her. occasionally, he would move his head to kiss her neck before resuming his place on her shoulder, chin pressing slightly on to it so as to not cause her pain. when she was done, he untangled himself from her reluctantly, allowing her to grab plates and fetch utensils for the both of them.

he would have been happy with anything for his birthday, really. just being in her presence and company was enough to lighten up his day. to know that she had actually put in the effort to doll herself up a little and cook dinner for the both of them made the stupid smile remain on his face, dopey and happy. "it smells good, lyds," complimented tora honestly, looking earnestly at her. the nurse sat down to eat, and took a bite of the noodles. his eyes widened at the taste, and he gazed at her. "you got anymore skills to surprise me with?" he chuckled. "hell, i didn't even know you could cook."

tora made a mental note to himself to impress her on her own birthday. he wondered if she liked surprises, big ones, but decided that maybe she would prefer something like this, something simple. he was definitely enjoying this, so maybe something along the lines of him either also making dinner for them, or him just taking her out to somewhere she wanted to eat. "you make me wanna step up my game, too." tora couldn't really cook, to be honest, certainly not something like this, but google existed for a reason, and what better way to learn how to cook than for someone you loved? the only thing he could cook was pasta, though, so he was going to have to broaden his horizons.

Twisting and turning the colours in rows I'm so intent to find out what it is
thanks tayter

PM
^
lydia addison bayley
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 11:52 PM
24 years
she/her
meisa kuroki
san
from princess mononoke
student/vet tech
demisexual

finally found what
we been looking for,

it gets better
and better with time.
lydia was growing more comfortable with the physical affection and didn't really mind that he'd snuck up and hugged her. if anything it was just annoying because it restricted her movements and she had to be careful to not accidentally elbow her boyfriend while she cooked. it also didn't help that her neck was a ticklish spot, so whenever tora kissed it she'd try to squirm away with a laugh in the hopes that he'd stop. she savored these moments together, though, which was why she wanted him over for a simple night in. this was going to be a good birthday for him, she was going to be sure of that; she just wanted him to be happy after all the bullshit she'd put him through.

"come on," she said when she'd finished. "i want out of this apron and i'm hungry." she managed to shoo him away with the promise of food and was indeed relieved to cast her apron aside before settling in at the small dinner table. she smirked and rolled her eyes when he said it smelled good because honestly, he really must have thought she couldn't cook and wasn't expecting it to taste good as well. lydia watched as he took a bite before she dug into her own food, pleased that he seemed to enjoy it. she'd deny it but her cheeks did flush a little from both pride and embarrassment as she shrugged and stared down at her plate. "i don't think so? this is basically my only redeeming quality," she joked.

"but of course i can cook. i have to eat." she stated like it should have been obvious. "can't you cook?" she shot him an amused look as she took a bite of stir fry, happy to have a hot meal after a long day. she was worn out and assumed tora was probably even more tired so hopefully neither one of them would fall asleep if they started watching a movie after they ate. not that she'd mind a nap on the couch, but she'd rather the evening last as long as possible. lydia gave a lopsided smile at tora's statement that he'd have to "step up his game". "i like you as you are, you don't need to do anything of the sort."

taketora alden
© wyatt
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Top 100 Disney RPG Sites RPG-D Once Upon a Nightmare The Games OHaV Avalon a Panfandom RP Rise of the Believers STORYBROOKE MAINE Topsy Turvy Reluctant Heroes RoyalsandRebels Seicho no Hana Disney Conquest Mystic Mayhem Happily Ever Afters Lover's Cove Storybrooke OOTA UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED OSH Blood Roses: OUaT RPG NINE REALMS
Ignorant Justice

toggle cbox