WELCOME
Welcome to Fantasies Unwind, where we encourage you to...let your fantasies unwind. We are an animated movie & tv show spirits site set in San Diego, California! If you have any questions feel free to ask because we are more than happy to answer! We request that you register in all lowercase with your character's name, and that you join us because we'd love for you to become part of our family! (;

our events: lgbt rainbow run

characters of the month:
imogen bennett & mason silver
ship of the month:
kelix
thread of the month:
a shot in the dark

Add Reply
New Poll

♔ POLAROIDS, tokki / roki
naoki henkou
 Posted: May 27 2016, 03:49 AM
25 years
baekhyun byun
totoro
from my neighbour totoro
gardener/graduate student
heterosexual
combat shotgun is Offline / 286 posts / ♀

it had been a long time since naoki had last went home, too busy caught up in his own adventures in san diego. he had been meaning to return to kyoto for a while, really, but for some reason, something always kept coming up. he was more determined than ever, but before he could decide for himself, rosie had bought tickets for the pair of them for his birthday, eager to go to japan as well. naoki was only too delighted to accept, more than willing to go home, as well as show rosie around his beloved country. it only seemed right as well, as he had visited her parents in the south. now, she could visit his in kyoto.

naoki's folks were more than willing to welcome rosie into their home, and had set up a futon their son's bedroom. after insisting that rosie take his bed, and that he sleep on the floor, naoki was prepared to take her out into the city. as they rode the shinkansen into the city, he leaned against her, closing his eyes in content. "i used to take the train to school like this," he commented, nostalgically remembering his high school days, and how he would never experience it again. it hadn't been too eventful, save for tests and entrance exams, but it had been fun with friends.

"you came at the right time. spring is ending, and summer is almost here." it was when school would be out, and everyone would be heading to the beach, or simply hitting up the city, free from schoolwork for the time being. "you won't have to dress so warmly." gleefully, naoki knew that he would be able to enjoy rosie in less concealing clothing, but to be honest, the redhead would also look pretty good in a paper bag. "what would you like to do first? we have a whole week."

rosie may thomas

PM
^
rosie may thomas
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 09:45 AM
29 years
she/her
holland roden
rosetta
from disney fairies franchise
owner and hairstylist at rosie's place
heterosexual
tokki is Offline / 205 posts / she/her

This was Rosie’s first trip to Japan, and she hoped it would not be her last, although that depended on how long her relationship with Naoki lasted and well, she didn’t want it to end. She had wracked her mind when his birthday was coming up for a birthday gift idea when she remembered how much his parents had wanted him to visit. So she’d concocted a plan, bought plane tickets and surprised him with a trip to his home town. It was kind of a big thing, to go on a trip all the way across the world with him, but she’d been so excited and she did so want to see where he’d grown up. She especially wanted to try going to a Japanese hot spring spa because it sounded so wonderful and relaxing.

Rosie leaned into him as he leaned onto her, but kept her eyes open, peering out the window at the beautiful scenery as the train flew past it. ”Going to school every day like this must’ve been an adventure,” she said quietly, reaching up to run her fingers through his hair, happy to see him so relaxed and content and knowing that she’d done a good job in planning the trip. It amazed her a little that he’d ridden a train to school every day, her memories of getting to school had been being dropped off by her mother in the morning and picked up by her father in the afternoons or walking home.

Rosie grinned, ”I brought a bunch of cute sundresses, do you think it will be okay to wear them?” she asked curiously, knowing, from research she’d done, that dressing too scantily wouldn’t be good in Japan. It wasn’t that her dresses were scant, but she wasn’t sure what would be okay and what wouldn’t, as evidenced by the jeans and v-neck tee shirt she had on for the day. ”I want to go to a temple first, I think,” she said, digging in her purse for the guide book, ”And sometime this week, can we go to an…onsen?” She read the word from the book and offered him a bright smile and a kiss to his cheek. ”Take me everywhere you think I should see,” she said, grinning, ”I want to try lots of real Japanese food, too.” She wasn’t too enamoured by raw fish but she’d try that, too, if Naoki took her for sashimi or sushi, or both.

naoki henkou

PM
^
naoki henkou
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 03:32 AM
25 years
baekhyun byun
totoro
from my neighbour totoro
heterosexual

naok laughed out loud, shaking his head. "not really. we were all squished like sardines because it is the morning." he had to raise his hands throughout the trip so as to not accidentally grope a poor, unsuspecting young woman, and was only allowed to put them down when all the girls his age exited. it didn't just apply to him, it applied to all of the men in the train. there was also the fact that the train would be full, and no one was going to sit down until they got out. "we literally have to push people to make spaces for ourselves." as hilarious as it sounded, it wasn't fun when you were actually part of the throng.

"it will be fine. the weather is warm." plus, rosie was white. foreigners generally got away with most things, but as of late, so were the natives. just as long as the clothing was not too scandalous, they were fine. "alright, a temple it is. our stop should be coming up." he beamed when she kissed his cheek, and returned one of his own to hers. "of course. it's in tokyo. we can drive or take a train there."

they reached their stop, and taking her hand, naoki led her out of the train. "kinkaku-ji should be nearby," he remarked. it was a tourist attraction, and he honestly couldn't remember the last time he had visited the temple himself. "i haven't been here since i was a child, i think." vaguely, he could still remember the temple, a beautiful, golden pavilion, but other than that, he couldn't recall anything else. "have you ever tried sashimi? how are you with sushi?"

rosie may thomas

PM
^
rosie may thomas
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 09:11 PM
29 years
she/her
holland roden
rosetta
heterosexual

Satisfied that her sun dresses would be appropriate to wear, she decided she’d change into one when they went back to his parents’ home. Or she’d wait til the next day if they didn’t go out to do something after going back. Happily, she shook herself from her thoughts as they exited the train and she swung their hands between them. ”Kinkaku-ji is a temple?” she asked curiously, ”Is it somewhere people go often to pray?”

Rosie’s gaze swept from side to side as they walked, and she hoped to be able to see a beautiful Japanese temple soon. She thought it would look..majestic and peaceful and wondered if there would be monks or something going about their daily business. She had googled a bit about Japanese temples but she had wanted to experience it all on her own.

”I don’t think I’ve tried sashimi…” she said, although she wasn’t sure if she would like it. ”When I go for sushi, I generally go for… like…” a little flush came to her cheeks, ”California rolls. But I want to try actual sushi!” She supposed the fish quality in Japan would be much nicer than in America, and she knew it was something she needed to try while she was in Japan, where sushi originated.

Finally, Rosie could see the temple and her eyes widened as her jaw dropped very slightly. It was lovely, absolutely lovely, and she’d never seen anything quite so lovely in person. ”Is that it?” she asked in a hushed tone, ”It’s beautiful!”

naoki henkou

PM
^
naoki henkou
 Posted: Jul 9 2017, 09:53 AM
25 years
baekhyun byun
totoro
from my neighbour totoro
heterosexual

long time coming
it really was nice to be home. although he was korean, ethnically wise, naoki had been born and raised among the japanese, just like his father had been. he did know a little korean from his mother, but he was obviously much more comfortable with his first language. his english hadn't been great either, but it had become much smoother ever since he came to america. while he had been happy to spend the vacation with rosie in san diego, she had other plans in mind, surprising him with plane tickets to home for his birthday. he had been missing japan, and already had plans to go home, but the dear, delightful redhead had been a step ahead of him.

he smiled. "yes. the temple gets many, many visitors." not just tourists, but also a fair bit of locals. it was a world heritage site after all, something to be proud of. "if i remember correctly, my mother told me that it has been burnt down many times, and rebuilt over and over." the temple was special and sacred, not on a personal level to naoki, but having been raised a buddhist, even he couldn't help but feel a little awed by it. "you don't have to eat it with the soy sauce if you don't want to," said naoki. "you can eat it plain, or with teriyaki sauce." he was eager for rosie to try sushi made by the locals. he was sure that she would like it.

naoki's eyes turned to where she was looking, and he grinned. the temple was lovely as always, and still standing tall. "come on, let's go walk around the gardens after you take some pictures. i don't think you can actually go into the temple, so we'll have to view it from here." after their visit, they were able to purchase some matcha tea and sweets at the exit, so he was eager for her to try those too.

liv's codes

PM
^
rosie may thomas
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 08:16 PM
29 years
she/her
holland roden
rosetta
heterosexual

”I hope they rebuild it more fire resistant each time,” she remarked with gentle humour as she gazed at the beautiful temple. ”Why was it burned down, honey?” she asked interestedly as she gazed at the temple happily. She was briefly distracted by the talk of sushi again, ”I don’t mind the soy sauce, honey. But teriyaki sounds yummy too!” She was excited to try all of the Japanese food items that her boyfriend had grown up with, and hoped her taste buds enjoyed them as much as her mind would appreciate them.

”Okay you stand there so I can get a picture of you with the temple in the background,” she said, taking a couple steps back as she pulled out her camera phone and took a couple photographs. Then she turned so she could take a picture of the both of them with the temple in the background, she made have caught him off guard but the picture was cute anyway. She tucked her phone into her purse again and looped her arm through his, ”Now we can go walk around the gardens!” she told him and smiled brightly as they made their way there. She hadn’t a clue that there would be sweets available for purchase, so she just assumed he’d be excited to see all the flowers and trees in the gardens.

Rosie slid her hand down his arm so she could link their hands together as they walked around the gardens. ”It’s gorgeous, honey,” she commented as she stopped to look at a uniquely beautiful flower, ”Could we plant this in California?” She asked from her slight crouch, glancing away from the flower and at him, ”It would be such a pretty addition to your garden, darling.”

naoki henkou

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Top 100 Disney RPG Sites RPG-D Once Upon a Nightmare The Games OHaV Avalon a Panfandom RP Rise of the Believers STORYBROOKE MAINE Topsy Turvy Reluctant Heroes RoyalsandRebels Seicho no Hana Disney Conquest Mystic Mayhem Happily Ever Afters Lover's Cove Storybrooke OOTA UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED OSH Blood Roses: OUaT RPG NINE REALMS
Ignorant Justice

toggle cbox