welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: an activity check is starting! check it out here!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

❥ chasing the surf, tag: nate/erindear
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: May 19 2015, 08:08 PM

violetta sophia everett

violet parr from The incredibles

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

Budding artist/gallery assistant

she/her ♦ 593 posts ♦ 40000 points

my dear, my darling,
She had been hacving nightmares.

Horrid nightmares

The sort that she thought were long
The sort that she thought were long p
The sort that she thought were long p a
The sort that she thought were long pa s
The sort that she thought were long pas t

She was annoyed that they were back too, not realizing it was that annoyance, that stress over graduating and constant thoughts of “what’s next” that had brought them back. Enticed them like moths to the moon. She didn’ really care to be honest. She didn’t care as long as they actually stopped.

She hadn’t been sleeping well because of it. The night before, she had burst from her bed, breathing heavy after she had been dreaming that she had been locked in a tiny, tiny box with not enough air to breathe and no one had come from her. She had been grateful that her apartment had been on the bottom floor then, it allowed her to race out into the night air and take long, grateful breaths that she hadn’t been able to take in the dream.

The night air had calmed her
Let her breathe
And stare blankly at the stars

She then mourned the possible loss of her apartment. It was provided by the school after all, part of her dorm pay. Part of her tuition. And then she couldn’t go and stay with her brothers forever, but she’d proably have to get a roommate. And another job. It was just too much in the way of stress for her, she couldn’t do it. She didn’t realize it was slowly driving her nuts and making her nights full of horror. She just thought she was being pathetic, still being afaid when nothing had really happened when she had been kidnapped.

But that didn’t stop the nightmares.

At least her mother wasn’t in town for the graduation yet.

She didn’t realize that it was noticeable. That she had dark circles under her eyes or was more dispondant. She didn’t realize it was obvious that there was something wrong with her, something that made it clear that she wasn’t quite hersef. She was usually a quiet girl so she figured most woldn’t think anything of it, of the bit that she herself thought she was off.

She didn’t even truly realize it when Nate asked if she wanted to head to the beach. She had accepted, of course. Even if she thought that her future in San Diego was truly unclear even if she did so want to stay here, she did want to keep trying to bond with her eldest brother, and newfound half brother. She thought they had pretty much been doing well on that front and wanted to at least try to keep that up. Though she had no idea about why, or that she did need to relax and maybe stop trying to hide her nightmares so much.

She was just sort of pleased to get out, do something different. So when she headed to the beach it was with her total attempt to appear as if everything was alright. As if there was currently nothing wrong in her head, or she wasn’t totally stressing about things she couldn’t control at all. She tried to make it appear as if it was normal, not knowing that her abnormal state had already been pretty much noticed by those who knew her well or saw her quite often. Not sleeping could do that to a person.

All the same, she was grateful for the warm weather as she headed to the beach—though she did miss the rain like she had grown up with at home—and scanned for her half brother until she spotted him and waved a bit, heading over that way. ”Hi, Nate” she greeted with a smile that was perhaps more than a bit tired. ”I haven’t been to the beach in forever” she admitted, a bit sheepishly as she flopped down into the sand, loving the way that it felt beneath her. Oh, yes, maybe she did need to relax.

TAG: Nate.
TY SARA

PM
^
nathaniel christian jackson
 Posted: Jun 14 2015, 10:28 PM

the beast from beauty and the beast

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

she/her ♦ 2178 posts ♦ 81500 points

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU
i know i took the path that you would never want for me, i know I let you down, didn't I? so many sleepless nights where you were waiting up on me, well I'm just a slave unto the night.
Bonding with individuals wasn’t a past time Nathaniel had ever been good at. As time went on, it wasn’t something that he wanted to be good at. He was better off alone.

At least he thought he was.

You tried to fool yourself still.

But, the death of the father he wanted to forget changed that. Or maybe it was Sadie encouraging him get to know Rhi which transferred to him thinking he should get to know his half-siblings. They were his family and for so long he didn’t have a family.

For so long, he tried to forget about his family so the big wide world didn’t seem as lonely as it was.

Since October, there was one sibling he was having an easier time bonding with. One sibling he didn’t mind spending time around or hanging around the office. Vee was quiet. Vee was easy to get to know. She made him feel as if she wanted to get to know him. Or rather, she made him feel that he wasn’t a horrible brother.

She was interested in his form of art and he was interested in hers. They tried to teach each other their respective fields and despite his lack of skill with a brush it proved interesting. They had fun with each other. They laughed at each other’s failures before moving on to give the other a few tips on how to improve. Vee was handier with the tips. She could pick up on what he was saying and improve within a few seconds, but he… he struggled and it showed. Each painting was a splash of color, but not in a good way. He’d just throw the paint at the canvas aiming for a Jackson Pollock (at least he thought that was the famous guy).

It never worked.

But, his little sister was still struggling.

The kidnapping had changed her.

That’s what you assumed.

The time you did spend together you noticed that she was a little jumpy, more so than she had been. And truthfully, there was still an oddity to her hanging around. The end of the school year was approaching for her. It had been years since Nathaniel had been in that same position, but he vaguely remembered that it wasn’t easy. It was cramming to get everything done in time. It was chaos trying to pull together a portfolio and write essays. It was stressful and during that time Nate found himself chasing the bottom of the bottle more and more.

His sister was smarter than that though. She didn’t chase the bottom of the bottle. Then again, he didn’t know if she did or not. He didn’t know what she did to relax. But, when she finally showed up at the beach and sat down next to him the dark circles around her eyes led him to believe she wasn’t relaxing at all. She was 110% stressing out over everything.

”Hey,” he muttered, adjusting his sunglasses and allowing the corners of his lips to pull up into a smile. ”You want a water?” His out stretched arm offered her one of the few water bottles that he had brought to the beach. It was his way of offering her a little peace offering before he tried to talk to her.

How was he going to talk to her? How was he going to figure out what was wrong with her? Was that even his place to do so?

Laying back, the sand shifted beneath him, forming to his body even more as the warm sun beat down on him warming his skin. Children squealed with joy around them and parents scolded them as they got too close to the crashing waves without them nearby. It wasn’t entirely a relaxing place, but people all around him seemed to be completely at ease, enjoying it.

Maybe he needed to learn from them.

”So,” he paused to clear his throat and give the chance for the nerves to subside.

She’s just your sister.
There is no need to panic.

”How’ve you been?” The question was simple enough, but he knew how he tended to avoid it. If Vee was truly related to him, she would too.

He had to back track. He had to get more specific.

Just one step at a time.

His green eyes shifted to the ocean and he watched as the waves came crashing in only to recede, to relax. ”I mean… how’s school?”

LUNA & VEE. MORE?

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 08:35 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
Vee wasn’t sure how to handle this whole graduating thing. She had taken an extra year after all, because she had been totally convinced that she didn’t know enough to be able to make a living at her art, or that she would just fail. So she had taken another year to learn more. She could probably admit that she was better off than she would have been before. She did know more now, she did work at the art gallery so that was a steady job and she did have some great connections that could allow her to work on her art in the real world.

But still, it had her all sorts of stressed out and that stress had led to the nightmares returning, though she didn’t currently realize that it was the stress that was the cause. Right now she more worried that she was being pathetic and dramatic again to be having nightmares that related back to a kidnapping where nothing had really happened to her. So there was no need to be hving nightmares. She just didn’t make the connection to the stress of graduating just yet.

Instead she was pretty happy to be getting out and meeting Nate at the beach. She would admit that it had been a long time since she had been, which was silly for someone who lived so near to it. She needed the break and didn’t realize that the oldest of her brothers had noticed her dark circles, her stress, she thought that she was hiding it a lot better. She returned the smile he offered with a tired one of her own and nodded as she ook a seat next to him. ”Yeah, please?” she answered his offer with a little nod of her own. She hadn’t brought water with her.

She shifted, looking around to take in the beach for a moment. Vee wasn’t at the comfort level where she’d be snarky and sarcastic with Nate, not just yet, but she was comfortable enough to be okay with the silence instead, she thought that they were kinda bonding and that was good. Family was important to the young woman. And okay, again, maybe the quiet was also kinda cause of her current state of mind not being the world’s best. She was trying to ignore that, not realizing it was the reason her brother had invited her to the beach.

So, she blinked and looked over at him when he spoke and then waited, patient when he cleared his throat. How was she? It was a simple question and one she had gotten very good at round about answering after the incident. She had gotten back to actually answering but lately it was back to the round about. She didn’t mean to, she just didn’t want to worry anyone else and she didn’t think it was a really big issue or anything like that. So it was without guilt that she went to roundabout it but he beat her to the punch and clarified.

She blinked and then her own gaze went to the water and she cleared her throat a little. Nate worked in the art sort of medium, so did he get her fear about breaking into it? was she comfortable telling him? Did she want to worry him? She just… She settled for a shrug afer a moment. ”Kinda… nervous about it ending, I guess, and going out into the real world” she said, downplaying what she was feeling by a lot, as she often decided to do because it was just easier to her. She didn’t want to worry people, she didn’t want to seem dramatic, she just wanted to be normal, and she didn’t quite realize that the fear was totally normal

TY SARA

PM
^
 Posted: Jul 29 2015, 10:49 PM

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU
i know i took the path that you would never want for me, i know I let you down, didn't I? so many sleepless nights where you were waiting up on me, well I'm just a slave unto the night.
Bonding had never been a strong point for the man. Communicating with someone was even worse.

Instead of communicating with Vanessa, he ran and never looked back.

Instead of communicating, he was prone to getting angry. He would raise his voice even if the conversation didn’t deserve any such thing.

All of these points had caused problems for Nathaniel. For a long time, it left him lonely and in his own thoughts which left him surrounded by a darkness he couldn’t get out of. But, since Sadie and him began to talk more he grew better with communicating. He grew better with learning on how to bond with people. Once he found out that he had half-siblings it was time for him to put the skills to use. Unfortunately, he didn’t feel like he was getting anywhere with any of them.

The shy talented artist was the only sibling he felt as if he was making some progress with. Maybe that was why he had noticed something was off with her. Or maybe, he didn’t know her well enough at all and what he thought was off was normal for her.

It was probably the latter.

They sat there together, listening to the waves crash against the bank and children’s screams of joy as it lapped their feet. The man tried to relax and let himself sink into the sand that was slowly conforming to the shape of his body. Silence was something he was comfortable with and in most cases it was something that he preferred, but now he was still trying to get to know his sister. Now, he was trying to see if he was right and something was up with her or he was completely wrong.

Certain questions should never been asked and Nathaniel knew that. There were questions he avoided and in turn didn’t ask them to anyone else. The question that slipped off his lips was one that he knew he shouldn’t have asked. It was a stressful question one that he vaguely remembered hating having to answer over and over again despite knowing what he actually wanted to do, despite having a plan. Now, he had turned into one of those people that was asking the questions he hated when he was younger.

Nodding, Nate let the silence take over them for a few moments, his green eyes looking out over the sea as the sun tickled his skin. ”You’ll be alright. You have people to help you.” She had plenty of siblings that would help her with whatever questions she had. The man had faith that his little sister would do just fine.

”Are you still with that boy?” With each word that slipped out, it was clear that Nathaniel hadn’t communicated a lot with younger individuals or with anyone really. Nate would hope that Vee would be used to it by now, but they hadn’t communicated much.

He should have brought food. Food was something people could easily bond over or at least it helped in moments like this when no one seemed really sure of what to say.

LUNA & VEE. MORE?

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Oct 19 2015, 09:36 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
School. That was the dreaded question for her right now, wasn’t it? School. She was terrified. Not of the place, of course. But of leaving it. She had taken an extra year, an extra year to learn more and she still felt like she still had so much more she needed to know. She wasn’t ready. There was no way that she could be ready, right? She didn’t think so. But how would it look if she took yet another extra year? She didn’t need another round of teasing. Usually she could give it right back, with her family, but right now she was nervous.

In the end, she shrugged and she downplayed it the same way she was doing with everyone else, even the siblings she had been raised with. She didn’t give it the same nonchalance she would to someone non-family—she thought she had gotten at least semi closer with Nate and wanted to honor it—but she was terrified to actually share what she was feeling fully. People couldn’t make up for skill though if she just didn’t have what it took. She nodded a bit. ”Were you nervous when you first started?” she asked, the question tentative, worried that question wasn’t at the right level that they were at, not wanting to pry more than she should.

She stared at the water for another minute. She knew she was all sorts of off, a lot in her head, and a lot jumpy. But she was just nervous that her world was going to fall apart. Art was a risky major. Wanting to live off of her art… well they called it a starving artist for a reason. She just didn’t want to live up to that cliché if she could help it, and she was prone to nerves that could take over.

Still with that boy? She blinked and stared at him for a moment, at the way that had been asked. And then couldn’t help but chuckle a bit and tuck her hair back behind her ears. It had just been so blunt, it had startled her into a laugh. She resisted the urge to duck right back behind her hair, nervous talking about her boyfriend with her family when both meant a lot to her. She nodded, once. ”I’m still with Markus, yeah. The others haven’t scared him off yet” she said that last bit with a bit of wry humor, that almost went with an eye roll but she was still mostly inside her head.

She sort of wanted to talk about what was going on in her head, to get it off her chest. But the other part of her was nervous that saying it outloud would just put it out in the universe to happen. It was a scary thought, and one she didn’t want to have more than once, thank you. She usually wasn’t superstitious but this, this made her feel as if she just might be, a little bit at least.

TY SARA

eep sorry, short, lemme know if you need more!

PM
^
 Posted: Oct 23 2015, 11:34 PM

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU
His gaze shifted to the brunette before he shifted his attention to the water that was crashing against the sand. For most people a question like that wouldn’t cause a problem, but for Nathaniel it was. It was him opening up a lot more than he usually did. Answering that question would give Vee an insight to him that hardly anyone knew. ”Yeah I was.” Pausing for a moment, he tried to will himself to open up more. If they were ever going to get close that is what he was going to need to do. ”I was young starting a new business and I was relying on people wanting to take a chance on someone new.” In reality, it was probably stupid for him to start new right off the bat, but for once he lucked out and everything worked out there.

”I still get nervous…” Trailing off, the man spoke softly as his eyes narrowed, trying to block out of the sun. ”One new photographer could come in and I could be in trouble.” Both him and Sadie could be in trouble and they family they wanted could be put on hold even longer. ”You’ll be okay though.” If he could make it, she could.

A laugh, it wasn’t a sound he heard from Vee very often which caused him to look over at her with a surprised smile as she briefly filled him in on her boyfriend. ”Good,” he replied with a simple nod of the head.

Getting up, Nate brushed the sand off himself before looking down at Vee. He didn’t know how she felt about the water, but it seemed he was going to find out soon enough. ”How do you feel about the water?” He nodded his head towards the waves that were crashing against the sand. ”Let’s test it.” Maybe there he could splash her, maybe there he could get her to loosen up a little bit more so they could continue to get to know each other a little bit more.

But, he didn’t think that would be wise.
She wouldn’t trust him then.

The water licked his toes before engulfing his foot in its chill. He moved deeper into the water to let it crash against his knees. ”I know we don’t know each other very well,” he started out, his gaze slowly moving over to meet hers. ”But, you can tell me anything.” Okay… maybe not anything. He didn’t want to know everything about her or what was going on with her, but being that description surely wouldn’t help their bonding.

No, it wouldn’t have helped them at all, but this… this might.

LUNA & VEE. MORE?

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Feb 3 2016, 10:35 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
Vee was a little bit nervous of asking such a personal question. Was he nervous when he first started? But it was also such an important question and one she worried over a lot. Should she be this nervous? Was it silly to be this nervous? He had gone into an arts based career too, in a way, though and she wanted to ask. Wanted to ask her brother how he had felt about it when h had started. She just worried that they didn’t know each other well enough for personal questions. But wasn’t that how you got there? She didn’t know. It was too late anyway, she had asked.

All the same, she nibbled at her lip and fiddled with her fingers in the sand while she waited to see if he would answer, and what he would answer on top of that too. Yeah he was. She glanced over at him and pushed aside the curtain of hair that had fallen when she had ducked her head. He had been. Okay, that made her feel better. She tucked her hair back once more, despite just doing it, and listened. He had been young and starting a whole new business, oh yeah that would make anyone nervous. She wasn’t the sort to jump in with comment, so she listened, feeling a little bit better that she wasn’t alone in her anxiety about graduating but also wanting to learn more about her eldest sibling.

She blinked a bit when he said that he still got nervous and shook her head. ”I think you shouldn’t be. You’re really good,” she insisted shyly. ”And I’m sure you have loyal customers?” she added, not meaning that to come out as a question but it had anyway, despite her best intentions. Oh well. That happened with her.

Oh. Her. He said she’d be okay. She blushed and looked down for a moment. ”I’m not sure” she muttered. She had bad confidence to start with, though she adored her art and had had it featured in her university’s gallry before, she still got nervous about stepping out into the real world outside of school. What if it fell apart? What if she never actually painted and sold her art well enough to support herself on it? That was what she wanted to do but it seemed like such a giant feat. Thoug, if Nate had… maybe it ran in the family.

He smiled in return for her laugh and she smiled in return, feeling a little more at ease, if only because the question had startled her. ”Yeah. Yeah, it’s good” she agreed, a bit of a smile still present. Oh, she didn’t mind sharing that little, even if she genuinely kept her love life and her family life very spate from each other.

For her own sanity.

The water? She blinked at her brother as he stood and looked at him stumped for a minute. Oh. The beach, they were at the beach, weren’t they. She was a little bit ot of it, wasn’t she? She nodded a little bit and stood too, he had already stood anyway, she might as well, right? And she had nothing against the water. ”Okay” she agreed, following him along that way and feeling a full body shiver hit her as she touched the cold water. She might have crown up in a colder climate but heck, cold was still cold, wasn’t it? It was. ”That’s…refreshing?” she offered, in place of stating the obvious.

It only took a moment to get used to, at least.

He spoke again and looked over at her and she paused, meeting the look before she shrugged with one shoulder. She had been mostly keeping this to herself. She had intended to keep doing so. But she had sort of started to shar anyway, right? She kicked at the water, making a fan splash out ahead of her. ”Thanks” she said, first, because that felt necessary. And then kicking the water again to avoid speaking. Not that that was going to do anyone any sort of good. ”I just… I don’t think I’m ready. What if I’m not…” no, sharing that she didn’t think she was good enough wasn’t going to help, right? ”I wonder if I’m ready to graduate, or if my art is good enough” right. That was better than if she was good enough, right? She wasn’t sure if she wanted to share all of her anxiety, but… it helpd to share a little bit, close or not.

TY SARA

eep sorry, short, lemme know if you need more!

PM
^
 Posted: Mar 21 2016, 08:57 PM

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU
The waves crashed against their feet as they stood side by side letting the cool water chill them on the warm day. Words between them slowed down as they let the silence fall between them. Silence left them both more comfortable. Silence seemed to allow them to learn more about each other than they would otherwise.

But then, she seemed to take advantage of his offer of always being there to listen to her with whatever was bugging her.

He stood there listening to her trying to figure out the right words to help her. But, it had been so long since he graduated that he wasn’t sure he could use his own experience, or if she would want to hear it. Already, Nate had given her a brief overview of what he was still thinking and maybe that helped her, but maybe it made her feel worse.

”I think you’re ready.” His words were soft as he stared out across the water. ”And I do think you’re art is good enough.” Looking over at her, he offered her a small smile. ”I’ll hang it up in the studio. Sometimes I can get my pictures to sell. It may not be much, but it may help you.” Even if it didn’t sell, people would see her artwork and it would add a little bit more to the studio.

”What… what if you travel?” Nate didn’t know if she had the money or was even interested in traveling, but maybe it would do her some good. ”Just for a bit after you graduate. Would your job allow for that?” Maybe the better question would have been if she even wanted to do that. ”You could go with a friend.” There was also the boyfriend, but he figured that thought was already going through her mind and he wasn’t going to further it. ”It’ll give you a little break…” It wasn’t a lot, but it was something for her to think about.

Nate hoped that he was helping her rather than making things worse, but with his luck, he doubted he was helping. ”Do you sell any of your art online?” If she did that maybe that was the way she would be able to solely do her art and not have to do anything else. He remembered that is what she wanted to happen.

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Apr 16 2016, 12:15 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
She was just fine with standing in the water and thinking for a moment. The water was chilly but sometimes she preferred chilly, it helped her think. She was good with this, good with the silence. Usually around family she was snarky, not so quiet, but she was still bonding with Nate. Though she was talking more than she used to. But silence was good and they both seemed good with it and that, well, that worked with her. She sighed a bit and closed her eyes, just a moment. He had offered, So she had spoken.

She pushed back her hair and let loose a bit of her insecurities, a bit of the reason why she had taken an extra year when she knew so many of her friends who had been itching to graduate early. And here she had been doing the opposite. Oh well. And she waited for an answer, not daring to look his way in case it was a bad answer. She hoped she wouldn’t get a bad answer. He had been seeming supportive enough but she wanted truth, even if it was a scary truth and… Okay, she needed to stop thinking so much.

But he thought she was ready. She looked up and over suddenly, blinking at him when he offered to hang her stuff up in the studio. And for a moment just sort of blinked before she started to blush. Oops. She smiled shyly. ”You’d really want to hang my stuff up? Like really? I’d… I mean that’s pretty awesome. I’d really.. Thank you” she said, perhaps stumbling over her words but she hadn’t expected that offer in the slightest. That was more support than she was ever expecting. But that was a bit of her self doubt talking, perhaps.

What if she travelled? With a friend? Would her job allow it? She thought for a moment, kicking the water out in front of her. ”I’ve never really travelled, I hadn’t thought about it. Maybe? I don’t know. I just started at the job and… I’m not sure where to go” she said, with a little laugh. Instantly art capitols of the wold popped into her head, which said a lot for where her mind always was, but she was honest. She had always travelled. She had weird dreams about an island jungle but that was about it really.

But maybe it would do her a bit of good.

”Did you travel?” she asked, curious. Realizing, really, how little she did know about her half-brother. She knew basics, really, but that was about it. So… questions, right? It was odd for the girl who had grown up so close to her siblings not to be close or know much abou tone of them but that couldn’t exactly be helped up until recently, could it? Being that neither had known that the other had existed. But it was good to ask questions now, right? Right.

She kicked at the water again, distracted or a moment in the rainbow colors of the splash and then, oh, did she sell her stuff on line? That actually made her laugh, not at the idea but about how she hadn’t thought of that before and that was sort of stupid of her. And then she covered her mouth. Oops. ”I’m not, I mean, I’m laughing at myself. I hadn’t thought of that” she qualified immediately, her cheeks red, realizing that her odd humor wasn’t usually the sort that made sense. She hoped that she had caught herself. Oops.

TY SARA

PM
^
 Posted: May 17 2016, 12:36 PM

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU
Vee seemed so surprised that he’d be willing to help her out with her career. Maybe it was because they were still getting to know each other which led to her not quite trusting him yet. Nate didn’t know what the cause was, but he was glad that she seemed eager to take him up on the offer. She was willing to trust him. He just hoped that hanging her work up in the studio would draw some attention to her talent. ”You’re welcome,” he replied with a little smile. ”Pick out a few pieces and bring them by sometime. We’ll find a place for them.”

It seemed she hadn’t thought much about travelling or how much time she was going to have off with her job. "Has there not been a place you always wanted to go?” Nate didn’t really have a place he had wanted to go, but he blamed that on the life he had lived. Being on his own so young and fighting each day to survive took the wanderlust out of the man. ”Or artwork you’d like to see?” He figured there had to be something that was going to inspire her to do something different with her artwork or to continue painting.

”I didn’t travel.” Shifting his toes, he dug them deeper into the sand while the waves continued to crash against his legs. ”I didn’t… exactly led a life that would have allowed me to travel.” The money he did get went to stuff he needed to survive and alcohol. ”I don’t know where I would have gone anyway.” It probably would have been a trip similar to his honeymoon where he could ride horses, enjoy the peace that the fresh air had to offer.

His sister began to laugh at the suggestion that she sell her stuff online. His brows furrowed together, not understanding what was funny enough about it to make her laugh. He watched as she covered her mouth like she realized how it could have upset him.

Then the truth came out.

He was thankful that his idea wasn’t too absurd. ”You could look into that.” He said, his voice now softer than it was before. ”Look at Etsy maybe.” Nate had looked into it a couple of times debating joining and trying to sell some of his photographs, but he never got the courage to do it. Despite Sadie (and a few others) telling him that his photographs were good he didn’t think people would think they were good enough to buy them. ”There may be a better site. I don’t know.” It was something he’d probably look into overtime as he debated about selling more of his work. ”If you find a better site let me know,” he told her with a soft chuckle.

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 03:37 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
The idea of her paintings, her paintings hanging up in Nate's studio where people could see them and possibly buy them or at least, well, see her work... that was amazing. So amazing. It floored her for a moment that he would actually want to do that and she couldn't help but feel so grateful for it. "Okay... okay, definitely, I will" she said, beaming and blushing all at the same time. She couldn't believe that, and now she was excited. But wondering. Which ones? Oh jeez she was goig to agonize over that for a very, very long time. She hoped that Nate didn't expect to see them very soon. Or maybe she would push herself to get it done soon because he was being generous and that meant she couldn't totally wait.

He suggested that she travel. She hadn't thought about that, but maybe she should. Maybe travelling would do her some good, open her up to more experiences and also give her some inspiration. Maybe. She hadn't ever thought about it. Place that she would want to go? Artwork she would want to see? She blushed a little and tucked her hair back behind her ears. "Would it be totally cliched artist of me to say Paris?" she asked, smiling a little sheepishly. Of course there were hundred of places she could probably think of from her art history classes but Paris, that was the one that stood out.

Oh. She blinked. "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know." didn't know that it might be a bad question or that he wouldn't have had the chance. But he didn't know where he would have gone. She nodded a little bit. "Well, you could now?" she asked, curious. She didn't know if he would want to now but she was curious. Curious where he would go, and if he would, and really just curious to learn more. She was a big family person and she liked talking to Nate, honestly. It was nice talking to him.

Until she started to laugh. At herself. But she had a really weird sense of humor and most people didn't really get that. Even her own siblings who had grown up with her sometimes looked at her odd. She didn't mean to be so odd, it was just her. But she covered her mouth immediately and apologized, she hadn't meant to possible come off rude or like she was laughing at him because she wasn't! She really wasn't.

He spoke about etsy or maybe a better site and she nodded, listening, and then smiled back. "I've heard of etsy, it sounds good. But I will. If I find another, I mean" she said, smiling a bit and already thinking about it. She had some friends who were more computer savy than she was who would probably do a good job of digging up a site where she could sell her art or at least put it out there for more people to see.

She paused a moment and then nodded. "Hey Nate? Thanks... for listening" she said, smiling a bit. She meant it. She could talk to her other siblings but she felt like they'd immediately defend her because of being her older siblings, not that she thought they'd lie, she just... it was different. "How have you been?" she asked, feeling like she had talked abotu herself too long now and that made her liable to blush more than needed.

TAG: nate.
TY SARA

PM
^
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 03:20 PM

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

Nate was glad that he seemed to have the right words to help her with her worries about the future and her art. He was now just hoping his advice would work for her. While he didn’t know her for very long, he knew she deserved to be successful. Then again, maybe that was something he was supposed to wish on family.

Maybe over time he’d figure it out more.

”Yeah.” He nodded his head, unsure of what else to say. ”No problem.” A little smile tugged on his lips as he looked at her. Vee was the sibling he seemed to have bond with the most. He knew he had a long way to go to bond with the other three, but if he could do it with her, enough to where she seemed to think he had good advice, than maybe he could do it with the others. He’d just have to figure out what they liked to do.

”I’ve been good.” The man was a man of few words and Vee seemed to be as well. At times like this it made it difficult to continue a conversation. He had learned with Sadie that he didn’t always have to talk and he was certain that it was that way with Vee. So, he thought about letting the conversation drop for a while until something else was brought up or at least until he could think of something else. That would be okay – wouldn’t it?

The man sat there for a second, letting the silence take over them. ”Do you have pictures of some of your artwork?” Nate had seen a few of the things she had done, but he was curious to see what else she had done.

notes: i deeply apologize for this post.

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Aug 3 2016, 02:33 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
Vee meant it when she thanked Nate. She had a feeling that he would tell her true what he thought, for some reason, so it reassured her that he had listened and the idea of her paintings hanging anywhere other than the homes of her friends and loved ones was pretty amazing. They had hung at school for shows but this felt a bit different. A bit more professional. She appreciated that and the advice and hoped that that had come through. She wasn't always fantastic at showcasing her thoughts that well. But he seemed to get it, she hoped.

She nodded, and seeing his smile, hers stayed in place. She nodded a little bit. "I mean it" she echoed again to make sure and then was happy to let it all lapse into a bit of silence. That was fine by her. She usually surrounded herself with more talkative people being that she was quiet until she got more comfortable in a situation. And she was getting there here, but she was still much more content with the quiet. That worked just fine for her. She sighed softly and was happy with that.

Though she hated to talk about herself for too long, so she felt the need to ask him how he was doing. She wa shonestly curious. He's been good. She nodded. "That's good. I'm glad" she said, not feeling the need to press nd push for more. She was quite content to just get to know her eldest sibling a bit more. And pushing to do that wasn't her style. She'd leave that up to other siblings of hers.

Lovingly she thought that of course, a small smirk tugging at her lips.

She blinked at the question, not expecting it after a moment of sielnce but hoped that she recovered quickly enough so as not to seem totally awkward. She smiled and nodded. Right, of course she did. She usually carried around her sketchbook too just in case but felt like she wouldn't have needed it for this meeting, had been sure she wouldn't have had a moment to stop and sketch. But she kept a folder on her phone. "One sec" she said, and then turned to head back to her bag to grab that and then came back over, deftly flicking through the device until she got to where she wanted to be. Her favorite pieces. One of the few things she wasn't shy about, really. She smiled a bit and handed it over. "This folder is full of 'em." she said, a bit shyly for a little moment despite being confident about these ones.

None of them in there were ones she handed out as gifts, she felt like that would be a bit bizarre. She meant those as gifts, not really to show off her work. She knew that was a bit backwards because if all went well, they’d like the gifts and hang them up but that was just how she felt. Gifts were that, not to be shown off. So some of her Christmas presents and birthday presents weren’t in there. ”I tried my hand at incorporating a bit of photography into the ones in the end” she added, shyly. A bit collage like, that had been fun experimentation. Only because she had received tips from Nate though about how to actually take a decent picture.

TY SARA

PM
^
 Posted: Sep 30 2016, 12:52 PM

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

jensen ackles

photographer

Nate sat there and waited as Vee dug into her bag and flicked through her phone. The cool phone was soon sitting in his hands allowing him to sift through it and find the pictures of her artwork. With his free hand, he shielded it, trying to block out the light so he could see her pieces better until eventually he gave up and fumbled around trying to figure out how to turn the brightness up, but he could never remember how to do that. ”Can you turn the brightness up?”

When he could see it, he started to once again thumb through the pictures. His eyes would linger on each picture as he examined each one. There was no doubt that his sister was talented. Looking at the photos, anyone would be able to see that. ”You’re stuff is good.” Nate was certain she’d be able to make it as an artist. Someone would want to buy her stuff. It was too good not too. ”I think you’ll be okay.” He offered her a little smile before going back through to look at her work.

His lips twitched into a smile as he noticed that she was incorporating photography into her work. Nate wasn’t sure how much she liked taking photos, but it was nice to see her working it in. Even though he was looking at the work through her phone, he could tell that she followed the tips he had given her that day. ”You did,” he said softly as he looked at the photos a bit longer before handing her phone back to her. ”It looks good.”

He waited for a bit, listening to the waves crash against the beach. His green eyes looked out over the ocean that never seemed to end. It disappeared into the distance and he knew why this was such a famous picture spot. In the right light, it was a moment worth capturing. ”Do you take a lot of pictures now?” Nate had a feeling she didn’t, but things could change. Maybe she picked it up better than he picked up painting.

notes: i deeply apologize for this post.

PMEmailAIM
^
violetta sophia everett
 Posted: Dec 1 2016, 09:35 PM

violetta sophia everett

pronouns:

she/her

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

emily rudd

my dear, my darling,
Vee was always ready for that question, the question that asked, in varying words, if the person could see her work. Could see her art. That was what most people asked when they found out a person wanted to be an artist, wasn’t it? Human nature. And she was more than happy to show Nate, really. He was her brother, wasn’t he? Family worked that way. Or at least, it did for her. It always had for her, at least among her siblings even if it hadn’t extended to everyone. But siblings, siblings mattered. And she was glad to bond with Nate.

Plus, he was the one who had offered to hang up her stuff in the studio. That was a big deal. That would have had her digging off in her bag for her phone even if nothing else did. She didn’t carry around her portfolio—that would have been a huge burden really when she had no idea when anyone might want to look—so she made a point to keep it on her phone instead. That meant that it was always there and waiting, carefully scanned in to make sure that it at least slightly kept the quality for these quick shows.

Oh, right. She blushed a bit and reached over to flick open the settings and turn up the brightness. She usually kept it turned down low to save on her battery but here? On a bright day? And looking at something with detail? Definitely required a turn up. She nodded a little bit once she did it, and then started to scuff her feet a little bi tin the sand, waiting to see what he had to asy about it. She was beyond anxious to know. She was usually most confident about her art, if anything it was her art she had confidence in, but she still was usually nervous when she first showed it off to people.

Her blush returned with a vengeance at his compliment and the smile was most certainly returned. She was glad that he thought so. That meant a lot. ”Thanks, I’m glad you think so” she said, sheepish but oh so pleased really. That was great. And then she had to offer up that little tidbit, that she was using her small and limited bank of photography in her artwork now as well, to encorporate it in. She liked the effect that it had, almost collage like.

It at least made it interesting. She took back her phone when he handed it back and tucked it away in a pocket, smiling a little bit more. ”Thanks again, that does mean a lot” she said, laughing a little. Hadn’t she said that recently? Maybe. She was glad to hear it. The effect they had was interesting. Se was still learning to play with it, to be honest. But it was a start. She let the waves hit her ankles for a little bit, thinking for a moment before he asked her a question.

Did she take a lot of photos? Oops. She shook her head a little bit. ”More than I did before. But… mostly to encorporate them into my painting, to be honest” she admitted, sheepishly. She was happy with her end of the artistic spectrum, she would just dabble here or there as it came up. And of course, she had to ask. ”Are you painting at all lately?” she asked, grinning a tiny bit with that. She had enjoyed their exchange of lessons, it had been fun. Bonding, really. Vee was all abou the bonding. And at the time, all about the distraction.

TY SARA

nathaniel christian jackson as I apologize for this one lol

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]