WELCOME
Welcome to Fantasies Unwind, where we encourage you to...let your fantasies unwind. We are an animated movie & tv show spirits site set in San Diego, California! If you have any questions feel free to ask because we are more than happy to answer! We request that you register in all lowercase with your character's name, and that you join us because we'd love for you to become part of our family! (;

our events: lgbt rainbow run

character of the month:
jim silver
ship of the month:
daia
thread of the month:
just admit it love

Add Reply
New Poll

used to be mine, nessa/marceline
bonnie isobel sawyer
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 01:48 PM
23 years
she/her
jessica jung
princess bubblegum
from adventure time
biochemistry student
bisexual
moon is Offline / 29 posts / she/her

that would be
enough
Usually, Bonnie wouldn't spent her precious days off from school walking around the shopping center, going in store after store (and coming out with nothing ninety percent of the time, because she was just that picky). today, however, she felt the insatiable need to just wander around aimlessly, and if that meant she'd return home with a cute dress or two, she would be absolutely fine with that.

It was already nearing the late afternoon when Bonnie left the Starbucks, iced green tea in her hand and wondering where to go next. She had already hit most of her go-to shops and wasn't exactly feeling like scouring for any new ones. She liked to have some kind of certainty, and with new shops you just never knew what you were going to find, you know?

As she scanned her surroundings, she suddenly spotted the tattoo- and piercingshop, making her lift an eyebrow. She had been thinking about getting her ears pierced a second time, and what better time than the present, right. Granted, she was a bit of a scaredy cat when it came to needles - well, needles entering her own body, she was absolutely fine with them otherwise, so the second the thought hit her mind she instantly felt her stomach swirl.

She didn't let that stop her, though. With a firm nod, Bonnie held onto the strap of her shoulderbag a bit tighter and marched towards the shop. She pushed the door open, swallowing her nerves away as she heard the ring of the bell. Now everyone knew she was here, going away would only make her look foolish.

"Excuse me?" she started upon reaching the front desk, speaking to the boy standing there. "I'd like to ge--" She stopped mid-sentence when she noticed her and felt her breathing get stuck in the back of her throat. She hadn't been expecting to see her here - if she had, she wouldn't have gone in here in the first place.

"Marcy," was all she could get out before feeling her cheeks heat up, probably turning a horrible shade of red right now. Her basic instincts told her to just turn and walk away, but she couldn't even move her feet if she wanted to, completely frozen to her spot on the floor. She hadn't seen Marceline since-- well, since. Not so up close and personal, at least. She wasn't exactly sure how to handle it.

marceline violet effron

PM
^
marceline violet effron
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 04:11 PM
23 years
she/her
sierra kusterbeck
marceline the vampire queen
from adventure time
musician / piercer
bisexual
nessa is Offline / 119 posts / she/her

don't let me get away
tag: bonnie isobel sawyer. notes: YAY FOR AWKWARD
Hey, mind reader. You know what I feel before I speak. It always seems you gotta one up me. Have a worse for me is that what you need, I've got it all and you've got nothing. Hey, mind reader.
It was the middle of the afternoon and thus, business wasn't really booming. There was usually a slow period after lunch and before the evening since their clients were in school or at work. Most of Marceline's appointments were scheduled before 11 and after 3, it was a rare occurrence to have anyone walk in between those times or be scheduled it. She didn't mind it at all. It allowed her some free time to clean up the shop and disinfect the small space she considered her "office." She had a mirror, table, and a large chair for customers to sit in and that was her piercing space. Whenever Marceline found herself with a lot of time, she'd clean the mirrors off since people had the gross habit of touching them, bleach the tabletops so any needles and rings she placed on the surface would remain clean, and wiped down the chair because it would be gross if she didn't.

With her space cleaned up, Marceline went to the front of the store where the front desk was. They had some intern working the register and handling the phone. He seemed cool enough but Marceline was usually quiet around her coworkers. Declan was the only other employee she actively spoke to because he was the only one she got along with. It wasn't that she disliked her coworkers but she didn't want to put in the time and effort to get to know them, especially the interns. They rarely worked enough hours in the week as it was so it was pointless to try and get to know them when they were barely even here.

He was doing his job, dotting down the time and name into their appointment book before hanging up the phone. Marceline looked at the glass display they had next to the register, an assortment of rings made of steel, wood, and other metals scattered around by size, shape, and color. Marceline loved her job and she enjoyed what she did. There was a reason she was the only piercer here - it was because she was good and her clients loved her.

She usually ignored the bell of the door when it opened; it was the intern's job to deal with the customers after all, she just shoved a needle into their body, but when she heard her name being spoken, she had to look up. And there she was. A face she never thought she would see again. Marceline's skin turned pale - looking as if she had seen a ghost and in a way, she has. A ghost from her past. The piercer could barely swallow the lump in her throat as she carefully shut the ring display closed, not bothering to lock it like she was supposed to. "B.... what are you doing here?" There was a tinge of anger in her voice but it was mostly panic. Marceline wasn't prepared to deal with her; it was still too soon and she was still hurt by her ex-girlfriend's actions even if it was years ago.

PM
^
bonnie isobel sawyer
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 05:22 PM
23 years
she/her
jessica jung
princess bubblegum
from adventure time
biochemistry student
bisexual

that would be
enough
The second Marceline looked at her, Bonnie's gaze moved to the ground - very cowardly, yes, but even after the years it had been since she broke up with her, she still found it incredibly hard to look her in the eye. Instantly, all the guilt she had felt came washing over her once again. It felt pretty damn horrible.

Still, she couldn't just stand there and say nothing. Well, she probably could have, but then Marcy decided to ask ehr a question and it would be stupid not to an-- you get the idea.

The grip on her bag tightened even more as she reluctantly looked up again. God, was she glad to be holding something in both her hands, with the Starbucks cup still being in the other one. She would've been even more of an awkward mess if both her hands had been free, most likely.

"I.. ehm, I was hoping to get my ears pierced." As she said that, she let go of he bag tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, something she usually did when she was feeling nervous. Her hand then immediately returned to the strap. "I didn't know you worked here. If I had I wouldn't have come here, I'm-- well, I doubt i'm on top of your list of people you want to see."

Her voice was small, and though it sounded a bit like she was feeling sorry for herself, she really wasn't - if anything, she was incredibly pissed at herself. A sigh left her lips as she rocked back and forth on her feet. "I can leave.. if you'd like?"

While she wouldn't blame Marcy if she said that she would want her to leave, she couldn't help but hope that she didn't. Despite feeling very uncomfortable, and ignoring the fact that she was a blushing mess right now, a part of her was happy to see her again.

Perhaps it was like a sign, you know? It was unlikely, but Bonnie couldn't help being hopeful.

marceline violet effron

PM
^
marceline violet effron
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 11:40 AM
23 years
she/her
sierra kusterbeck
from adventure time
musician / piercer
bisexual

don't let me get away
Hey, mind reader. You know what I feel before I speak. It always seems you gotta one up me. Have a worse for me is that what you need, I've got it all and you've got nothing. Hey, mind reader.
Marceline could feel her skin grow cold. It was like Bonnie's presence alone brought a chill feeling to her body. She could tell the other girl was feeling just as nervous as she was and she didn't understand why. Bonnie was the one who broke up with her. Why was she feeling all nervous and flustered when she was the one who ended their relationship? Marceline knew there had to be some underlying reason why. They were doing just fine before Bonnie broke up with her out of nowhere. Something happened and she was too scared to tell Marceline which didn't help Marceline's anxiety regarding the whole thing anyway.

List of people she wanted to see? Absolutely not but Marceline couldn't push her away like that. Truthfully, she had been meaning to try and reunite with Bonnie, to at least be civil and let this whole thing stay in the past and to move on from it. Marceline was still hurt though and she still felt a pang of pain in her chest whenever she heard Bonnie's name or saw her face. It was years ago but the girl essentially broke her heart and that wasn't something Marceline could easily move on from.

"N-no... you can stay. I can um, pierce your ears if you want." She had to be professional after all. She needed this job and there was no way she was going to let her ex-girlfriend further ruin her life but being the reason she got fired. It was just a simple piercing of her ears. It wouldn't be able too serious and she wouldn't even have to look her in the eyes. Marceline ran a hand through her hair and gestured to the rings in the display case. "Um, just tell Jack here which rings you want and he'll take you to my chair. Sound good?" Marceline really just wanted a quick moment to catch her breath and compose herself before she had to further interact with Bonnie.

She quickly stepped away from the display case and rounded the corner where her setup was, surrounded by walls except for the sliding door that allowed her privacy. She sat down in her rolling chair and buried her face in her palms. She was not prepared for this; not at all. She thought she was ready to face her again but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

PM
^
bonnie isobel sawyer
 Posted: May 31 2017, 12:59 PM
23 years
she/her
jessica jung
princess bubblegum
from adventure time
biochemistry student
bisexual

that would be
enough
this all would have been a lot easier for bonnie if she had broken up with marcie because she hadn't had any feelings for her anymore, but nothing was less true than that. if anything, it had been the way she felt for her that made her do it in the end and while bonnie had been so sure she was over it, she suddenly got the cold truth thrown in her face. she definitely wasn't.

seeing marcie made her skin hot and cheeks flush, every word she spoke felt like a mumbling mess and it was like being back in high school all over again. "oh." there was genuine surprise in her voice when marceline didn't just agree to her leaving. a part of her had expected her to turn her away, and perhaps that would have been easier for the both of them. "s-sure."

her eyes shifted to the display case, gazing past the different options before pointing at a simple pair of white gold rings. honestly, she barely looked at any of them, the pit in her stomach too overpowering, enabling her to think about literally anything but marceline.

she held her hands clasped together behind her back as she followed the man, shooting him a grateful smile when he pointed her towards marceline's chair. "ehm.. hi." she had no idea why on earth she was saying hello again. "i eh, i picked some. so- do i just sit down there?" her question was followed by a short nod towwards the chair. she was very aware that she had to sit there - this wasn't her first time getting her ears pierced - but somehow she had lost every ability to function like a normal human being would.

marceline violet effron | this took so long im so sorry

PM
^
marceline violet effron
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 04:17 PM
23 years
she/her
sierra kusterbeck
from adventure time
musician / piercer
bisexual

don't let me get away
She was surprised with herself that she agreed to pierce Bonnie's ears for her rather than accept the offer to turn her away. While she was still hurt on the inside from what happened many years ago, she still had a desire to see her as well. She missed her. Marceline missed her so much and seeing her in person again after the breakup made her stomach do backflips and her chest tighten up.

Marceline didn't know how Bonnie felt but judging by her awkward stammering and the color in her cheeks, this wasn't going well for her either. God, she always looked so cute when she blushed. Marceline shook her head and ran a hand through her dyed and disheveled hair. She needed to get a grip. They were done. Bonnie broke up with her and that was that. She needed to move on and stop being so hung up on someone who left her for no reason. Marceline could feel her eyes grow watery and she quickly wiped them away. She was not about to have a mental breakdown at work; she'd save that for when she got home.

While inhaling a shaky breath, Marceline went to the sink to wash her hands. She quickly tied her hair up into a high ponytail and took in another deep breath to calm herself down. When her composure was better, Marceline walked out of her setup and towards the piercing chair adjacent to her little room. Jack departed when he saw Marceline come in, slipping the earrings into her hands. Marceline sat down in her chair, rolling over to her metal tray where she grabbed the needle, rubbing alcohol, and wipes. "I'm gonna sanitize your ears first, okay?" She said. Marceline usually talked to her clients while she pierced them, it made the situation more comfortable for the both of them. However, with this client being Bonnie, she didn't want any awkward silence at all.

Taking a wipe off the counter, Marceline poured a bit of alcohol on the wipe and put on rubber gloves. She walked over to Bonnie, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and gently brushed her earlobe with the wet wipe. Marceline could feel a flood of memories overwhelm her when she brushed Bonnie's hair. She used to do that so much in the past and it was bringing back memories she didn't want to think about right now. Marceline licked her lips and moved on to the second earlobe. Once they were sanitized, she threw away the wipes and picked up the earrings, studying them. "Any reason you picked these out?" she asked.

PM
^
bonnie isobel sawyer
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 08:17 AM
23 years
she/her
jessica jung
princess bubblegum
from adventure time
biochemistry student
bisexual

that would be
enough
bonnie was not a generally awkward person. while she wasn't the best talker in the world, either, she did usually manage to get more out than some stammered half-sentences. it made her feel incredibly stupid and if there was someone she didn't want to look stupid to, it was marceline.

when marcie mentioned the sanitizing of her ears, bonnie nodded. "yeah, i've hear that ear infections aren't very pleasant." okay, gross, why did she have to mention that? bonnie sighed, cursing at herself in her head. she was a girl about to graduate college, damnit, not some dumb high school girl - so why didn't she act like it.

still, no matter how many times she told herself that she was way past the flustered teenager act, she couldn't help but feel yet another blush creep up her cheeks when marceline brushed a strand of hair behind her ears, not could she stop the shiver she felt going down her spine. it was really odd how some simple actions by certain people could have such an effect on someone.

she usually enjoyed silence, not being someone who felt the need to fill every single moment with meaningless words, but what she didn't like was awkward silence. however, where she would normally try to fill the silence with something, everything just felt wrong right now - it felt wrong to just bombard marcie with small talk. she wasn't even good at small talk.

a small sigh of relief left her lips when she was asked a question - that meant she didn't have to be the one to break the silence. "oh. well, i've always loved white gold, and i like the simplicity of the rings, i guess? you know i'm not one for flashy jewelry." as she spoke, her eyes were focused on the rings in marcie's hands while fidgeting with her own hands that were laying in her lap.

"you eh- you don't like them?"

marceline violet effron

PM
^
marceline violet effron
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 01:35 PM
23 years
she/her
sierra kusterbeck
from adventure time
musician / piercer
bisexual

don't let me get away
tag: bonnie isobel sawyer. notes: nerds. words: 477
Marceline couldn't hide the small smile when Bonnie mentioned ear infections. Being a piercer, she had seen her fair share of gross infections from people not properly cleaning their new piercings or them not following her advice at all and going swimming the day after when she strongly advised against doing stuff like that. Bonnie was a smart girl so Marceline wasn't worried about her stumbling into the shop a few weeks from now with red bumps for ears. "They're not pleasant and cleaning them up is even worse," she added.

God dammit, she couldn't win, could she? Marceline didn't mean to make her comment sound bitchy in any way. She was just curious as to why Bonnie picked these out in particular versus the hundreds of other designs in the glass display. Marceline did like them, she liked them a lot, she just wanted an excuse to keep talking to Bonnie and hearing her voice. "No, I-I do like these. I like them a lot. Just wondering why you chose white gold over silver or something," she said. In her head, she mentally slapped herself for stuttering and sounding so nervous. Why was it so difficult for her to get a few simple words out? At least she wasn't the only one being a stuttering mess since Bonnie was slipping over her own words as well.

Now was time to actually get ready to pierce her. Marceline picked up two thin needles from her box and began to sanitize them, wiping them down with another alcohol soaked wipe. Marceline didn't understand how tattoo and piercing parlors had reputations for being seedy and unsanitary when she and Declan were very careful with keeping all of their equipment clean and following protocol. One thing out of place and they would be shut down immediately. Tattoo parlors had some of the strictest guidelines and had to be very careful with every little thing they do. Marceline couldn't think of any other businesses that had as many rules as they did.

Cleaning off the one needle, Marceline picked up one of the white gold earrings and gently held Bonnie's lobe. "Okay, I'm gonna stick in it now. It might bleed, just tell me if it hurts and we can wait before we do the next one," she precautioned. Marceline took the needle and quickly pressed it into Bonnie's earlobe, pulling the needle out from the other side and pushing the stem of the earring into her ear, pressing the clasp closed. The earring went in smoothly and hung from her ear with no trouble at all and there was no blood but her ears were red from the sensitivity of being protruded with a sharp object. Marceline threw away the needle and wipe in her open trash bin and looked at Bonnie. "Ready for the next one?" she asked.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Top 100 Disney RPG Sites RPG-D Once Upon a Nightmare The Games OHaV Avalon a Panfandom RP Rise of the Believers STORYBROOKE MAINE Topsy Turvy Mystic Mayhem Reluctant Heroes Storybrooke once upon a dream Civil Requiem RoyalsandRebels OOTA UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED OSH

toggle cbox