welcome to fantasies unwind! We are an animation personified role-play! We've been open for five years as of October 2017 and are excited about the future!
san diego
FORECAST: clear skies and sunny
set in january, 2018

Add Reply
New Poll

Shiny New Year, briony wynne monroe
keito hino
he/him
heterosexual
Voice Actor
era
PRONOUNS: she, her
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
MSG CHOICE: discord
blind dates
First weekend of the new year and Keito was standing patiently outside of a pizza parlour in San Diego. He wore the new grey sweater coat that his mother had just gotten him for Christmas as he nervously waited. How did he let Jake talk him into this? Why did he let Jake talk him into this? By "this" Keito meant that he had let himself be convinced to going on a blind date set up by the cafe owner. He hadn't been given much about the person aside from Jake's general thoughts that Keito wouldn't regret it. Jake had even picked out the place the two strangers would meet which Keito supposed was better than Keito fumbling over trying to decide on a location. As if he wasn't stressed enough over this. It was definitely not something he had imagined himself doing as part of the new year ideas. Definitely not.

Keito fiddled with his thumbs as he did when he was nervous. Maybe it would be better to for him to be waiting inside. The evening wasn't too cold but he was beginning to wonder just how much of a loiter he was looking like by just standing outside the door. Keito would glance whenever a woman would like by to see if it was that person. Jake had given Keito something to designated his date by but each time he was only disappointed. The person wasn't late rather that Keito managed, surprisingly, to arrive earlier than the appointed time. That was a miracle in itself. He had been thinking about this evening most of the day mostly worrying over it. Keito didn't exactly have the best or most experience with dating and relationships. His longest relationship had actually reached the level of engagement for it to end in heartbreak and then the next time he was, sort of, in a relationship it too didn't end up working out how he would have wanted. Sure, some would say that that shouldn't discourage him from trying ever again but it didn't also give him much confidence.

He glanced up for what felt like the thousandth time, it had only been a handful really, and this time success. The brunette he was expecting was walking his way or at least he hoped it was her. As she walked closer there was something very familiar about her that Keito couldn't quite recall until it finally hit him. Then it dawned on him the reason why Jake had been oh so vague about giving Keito any sort of details on this person: it was Jake's best friend. "H-Hi. Umm, I-I'm hoping you're my blind date. And by "hoping" I mean like that I'm not randomly asking someone if they're on a blind date. Not that I wouldn't "hope" you'd be in that way. I'm Keito." he ended his rambling by sticking out his hand in greeting. Slick move. While the two hadn't really ever been formally introduced Keito had known of Briony. She had come by the cafe many a time, very pretty, and had learned through the cafe owner that she was one of his oldest friends. And now she was Keito's blind date. Oy vey. "Jake suggested this place because it's one of your favorites. Who doesn't love pizza, right?" he said with an nervous chuckle. He was doing so well, wasn't he? "We should go inside." Completely nailing this. Keito stepped forward to hold the door open for her in hopes of not further embarrassing himself. Definitely far too big a hope.

( © HUNTER. )

--------------------
briony wynne monroe
neel
heterosexual
kindergarten teacher
combat shotgun
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME: pm pls <3
this was going to be a disaster. she had absolutely not signed up for this. while she knew that jake had her best interests at heart, the point still stood that it has been ages since she had last dated anyone. certainly not her most ideal way to welcome the new year, briony had been certain that she would be single again, just like how she was now single every valentine's day. it was a depressing thought, but one that she didn't like to think about. instead, she approached each day positively, loving her job, and the kids that she got to look after for a few hours. here she was now anxious out of her mind as she applied on some makeup, determined to make a good first impression.

jake had kindly set up everything, from time, to the rendezvous point, her favourite pizza place. pulling on a pink dress (he had also mentioned to wear pink since the colour worked well on her), briony set off. her best friend had already given her some details about keito, asian, very handsome and dapper. it wasn't much of a description to go about since that was how she already saw jake himself. however, all trepidation fled when she saw the handsome face clearly waiting for her.

the rambling that gushed forth from his mouth made the brunette giggle. "i am. i'm briony." she shook his hand in return. oh, what an adorable man. "smart man. and it's true. only weird people don't like pizza." offering a grin, she nodded, and smiled when he held the door open for her. "jake didn't tell me he had such handsome friends." really, she knew about keito, mostly from jake's mentioning here and there, but oh goodness, he was lovely. and he was her date too. what luck. "any toppings in particular you would like?"

keito hino

--------------------
keito hino
he/him
heterosexual
Voice Actor
era
PRONOUNS: she, her
TIMEZONE:
MATURE THREADS:
MSG NAME:
Jake should have told him what exactly he had been planning.It had been one thing for the cafe owner to set Keito up with a blind date even if Keito was rather reluctant about it in the first place but to do so with Jake's own best friend? Maybe it was better to now have been informed. For starters that would defeat the entire purpose of a blind date obviously. And even if he did know what Keito have really done? Say no? Offend Jake in the process that Keito wouldn't want a date with Briony? Now Keito was just letting his mind run wild and it would be the perfect time for him to call someone for help? Minato would probably know what to do. Granted Keito couldn't just call up the man that was practically his brother-in-law at this very moment.

Keito just had to remind himself to get a grip.There wasn't anything to worry about. Actually there was everything to worry about especially now that he ended up rambling in his introduction. She giggled and it made him blush. She was amused and he was embarrassed but he did his best to at least attempt to keep it together. Briony. Pretty. Not a name he had heard often. "Nice to officially meet. I've seen at the cafe. When I was working there I mean." That didn't sound weird, right? With his luck it did. Better to change the subject and mention the cafe owner that set all this up in the first place. "That is true." One really couldn't wrong with pizza unless a person adamantly didn't like it or couldn't eat it he supposed. It was a delicious and rather casual sort of meal that didn't feel like it was adding any pressure to this whole thing.

Keito held open the door for Briony just as his mother would expect of him. "Well, I try." he replied in an attempt to put up the "cool" demeanor he liked to believe he had. Keito stepped into the parlour after Briony when she asked about toppings. "Umm, I'm good with just pepperoni. Or meat lovers." There weren't many toppings that Keito didn't eat. At least of the ones he had tried that is. "You? Order whatever you'd like." he said, pulling his card out of his wallet and having it at the ready. He really wasn't a picky person or at least he wasn't anymore. When Keito was out seeing the world all those years there were times where Keito had no real choice in what he was eating. It was either suck it up or starve. "Jake mentioned you were a teacher? That's pretty cool. You must be kept pretty busy." That was a pretty intense job being charged with the education of a bunch of kids. "Are you starting up again soon?" With the holidays over school were going to be getting back to business soon if they hadn't yet.

( © HUNTER. )

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution