welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: an activity check is starting! check it out here! make sure to congratulate the winners for the OTMs! and enjoy the anniversary!

Add Reply
New Poll

❥ this is all we know, tag: silas/combat
aiden vincent knight
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 06:24 PM

aiden vincent knight

phoebus from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

Chris Evans

Mechanic

she/her ♦ 335 posts ♦ 35000 points

'Cause deep down I'm broken
Some might have teased Vincent that he practically lived at the bar. He would have probably just laughed and agreed. He could often be found there after a long day of working at the garage, fixing up fancy cars and junkers all the same. He thought that after all that back breaking work, he deserved a drink or two and Vincent was, to be sure, a very social creature. He liked to be around others and talk, hang out, have a good conversation or two. And what better place to do that than at a bar where plenty of other people went for the same purpose?

Okay, so most nights it was also a good place to meet women and flirt, there was that too. That could be a big draw for Vincent. But it wasn’t his draw for that night. No, that night he was more focused on the first aspect of why he could be found at a bar. Or, to be honest even further, he could get even more specific. He was here to meet Silas and have a drink or two, chat, pass the night by as two friends might.

He was looking forward to it. Vincent didn’t have many friends who were male, it was true, because he just got along better with women. But it was easy to get along with Silas, in his opinion. It was easy because the SDPD Commissioner was a good man. Vincent often found it both easier and harder to get along people who worked in law enforcement. Easier, because for the most part they shared his ideals and it was easier to talk to them. Harder because he almost always wanted to slip around them and share his own old stories, which he shouldn’t do.

But he wasn’t too worried about doing that right about now. He wasn’t thinking about it. All he was thinking about was looking forward to a good night, shooting the breeze and talking to a drinking buddy who, he had no doubt, could grow to be a good friend. Who didn’t look forward to an easy evening like that when they had had a long day just before getting there? He had worked on a particularly hard car that had pushed him hard enough that his guns hot wound, long closed now, ached a bit on his chest. He rubbed at it absently and ordered a drink. He had a feeling that Silas would be around soon, so no harm.

And he was rewarded for that assumption not too shortly after. He wasn’t even a quarter done with his beer. He grinned. ”Hey. I hope your day wasn’t as long as mine” he said, chuckling a bit and taking another swig of the beer in his hand. He certainly did. Who knew though, right? It wasn’t like he had an easy job, or at least Vincent assumed such. He tried not to think about what that job would entail, being that it made him think about the job he had left behind! That was no way to spend a night.

tag: aegean silas forsteri | words: 547 | notes: hope this is alright<3
robb stark

PM
^
aegean silas forsteri
 Posted: Nov 9 2016, 09:04 AM

aegean silas forsteri

george from paperman

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

patrick dempsey

SDPD commissioner

♀ ♦ 145 posts ♦ 40000 points

whisk away your heartsigh
silas didn't have very many friends. he got along with his colleagues, and employees alright, but to say that they were his friends were a bit of a stretch. surprisingly, silas found that it was easy to call vincent a friend, even if the man was a lot younger than he was, and in a different line of work as well. vincent was friendly, kind, and a killer with women. while his charm didn't exactly rub off on the grizzly commissioner, he was amicable, and easy to talk to. he liked him to say the least. that was usually all that mattered for him.

he left the office, tired, but eager to rendezvous with vincent at the bar. it's been a while since he last went out with someone save for alyssa. the commissioner felt quite...normal to boot, doing civilian things, but he had to admit that some normalcy in his life was great. he wasn't as socially inclined as vincent was, but having a few friends here and there lightened his life and mood up a little. he was usually a grumpy coot after all, buried up to his ears in complaints, 'unfair' parking tickets, and mischievous officers.

silas swept into the bar, and immediately looked around for the burly, younger man. he spotted him soon enough, drinking beer. a grin popping on to his features, the commissioner pulled a seat for himself next to him. "it could have been hectic, but it was a quiet day today, surprisingly," he chuckled. "which is a good thing. i haven't had quiet days in a while." those were rare in a police station in a big city, but he wasn't betting on it lasting for long, unfortunately.

"what did you do for your day?" he asked as he gestured the bartender over. "did you fix a wreck?"

aiden vincent knight

PM
^
aiden vincent knight
 Posted: Dec 13 2016, 10:34 PM

aiden vincent knight

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

Chris Evans

Mechanic

Vincent took a gulp from the beer bottle in his hands and an easy, happy smile appeared when he saw that Silas had appeared at the bar, like he had hoped he would do soon. As he had said, Vincent was a totally social creature most of the time, he looked forward to company or just plain hanging out at a bar and shooting the breeze for the night, chatting about whatever and just, hopefully, having a good time. He had a feeling it would be, as he always did before he hung out with anyone. He was an optimist like that. Not about everything, but about that.

He greeted his drinking buddy and friend, asking if he had had as tough a day as he had. He almost didn’t want to hear the answer and miss his days of being a police officer himself, but he also totally wanted to hear and slip back into that mindset for a bit. Glutton for punishment or something. But today he wasn’t so focused on the past. Today, really, he was looking forward to chatting no matter the subject that they got on to. So, bring on whatever it was.

It was a quiet day, good because he hadn’t had quiet days. ”I would drink and raise a glass to that but you don’t have a drink yet” he said with a grin, getting the attention of the bartender down to their end of the bar so that that could be remedied as soon as possible. That was good to hear. He was surprised, because things seemed rather busy in the city but he didn’t know if that translated to a lot of cop work or not. Though, Silas had said that he hadn’t had a quiet day in a while, so maybe he wasn’t too far off. Either way, he was glad of it.

He nodded at the question. Fix a wreck was a bit of an understatement. He had been working on a particularly hard case. It would have been simpler for the customer to buy a new car but if they wanted to spend the money, more money than it was worth, fixing it up, well, the customer was always right, right? So he just had to toil away at it and make it work somehow. He was starting to wonder if it was going to take a new engine towards the end of the day.

”Fix a wreck is right. This car was probably once wonderful but now I don’t think it’s worth saving, to by honest” he said with a shrug. It made him rub a bit at his chest, the stupid wound, but just a moment and just an absent thought in more memory than hurt to be truthful. Just an old habit.

”I was definitely looking forward to this drink and good conversation” he said with a little laugh. Ain’t that the truth. It was one of those hard days that led to such things. Didn’t they all have those sometimes? Sometimes even the easy days led that way.

tag: aegean silas forsteri | words: 519 | notes: hope this is alright<3
robb stark

PM
^
aegean silas forsteri
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 03:25 AM

aegean silas forsteri

george from paperman

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

patrick dempsey

SDPD commissioner

restless heart

tagged: aiden vincent knight
notes: oops got a bit long, sorry :*
the more time he spent at the bar, and sitting in vincent's company, silas felt himself finally relax. this was what he was here for after all, just to be away from work for a few hours. he didn't have to think about emergencies at the station, or any 911 calls tonight. no, he just wanted to drink, and spend some quality time with the young mechanic. at vincent's comment, he laughed. "all in good time." he waved the bartender over, and ordered a bottle of cider to start off with before he started asking for harder liquor that would render him wasted at the end of the night. he didn't drink as much as he used to, but silas still drank plenty that was unhealthy for his age. he was already in his fifties, but the booze helped him relax.

he tsked sympathetically. silas didn't really know much about fixing cars, but he did know cars. "surely she can be fixed," he said, hopefully. he was pretty attached to his own automobiles, and would loath if anything awful happened to them. "if you can make her nice and new again, i guess the money would be worth it?" if the customer was adamant that vincent fix their car instead of buying a brand new one instead then, well, silas couldn't blame them either. "i do understand where they are coming from, though. did they say what caused the wreck?"

what idiot would dare get his car in an accident? but then again, accidents were called accidents for a reason.

silas laughed. "i can only imagine. your next round is on me, by the way." vincent could use the break too, which was why he was here right now with him. he had to agree with him, though. a drink, and good conversation was absolutely perfect for the cantankerous commissioner right now. he was already enjoying himself, and he was content to remain there the whole night until he could not drink anymore. "i could use more quiet days, really, but sometimes, i gotta admit that i miss my time in the air force. i'd be able to take a plane up and see the sky. it was the best way to spend an afternoon."

BY MITZI

PM
^
aiden vincent knight
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 07:34 PM

aiden vincent knight

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

Chris Evans

Mechanic

Vincent was settled in and feeling relaxed. This was the perfect way to get rid of a bad day, and finally shake it off. With good beer and a good friend. He smiled and light heartedly jested at Silas because the other man didn’t yet have a beer! All in good time, he insisted, and Vincent grinned at that, shaking his head. All in good time, of course. He got the drink that he asked for and Vincent then reached out to clink his bottle of beer against the cider that his friend had ordered, just as he said that he would, raising a glass to that.

He settled down into the bar stool and felt himself getting ready for a better night. It helped, they always said, to get out just why the day before had been a frustrating one, right? So he shared why his day had been a bit of a hell, talking about the car that he had been working on today that had been a total wreck. He always hated when that happened, it made him feel bad to have to deliver that sort of a verdict to a customer. To tell them that the car that they enjoyed, most likely, would be more cost effective to trash for a new model than to fix up.

Vincent nodded as Silas spoke. Surely it was worth it to fix it up. He pondered that for a moment, thinking of whether or not he agreed, and then laughed when he asked what the cause of the accident had been. ”Teenager he said, shaking his head. He knew that most who just got their licenses were very responsible, but this particular client did not have a very responsible son who had simply, well, not been paying the most attention and the front of the car had found the side of the road and the barrier that was along it and that had been that. ”It could definitely be fixable, but I always feel bad telling people that’s the case” he said, shaking his head and taking a long gulp of hs beer. Aiden was a bit of a people pleaser.

Vincent shook his head with a smile when Silas said his next round was on him but good naturedly accepted, mostly because he knew he would simply get the one after to make up for it, it his pleasure to do so. Vincent didn’t have many friends who were guys, but it was simply easy to get along with Silas. He would happily pay for a round or ten for good conversation with someone else who thought the way that he did, who he could have a good conversation with without having to worry about the conversation getting stilted. It was quite simply his pleasure. So he would give up this round! He grinned a bit and took another gulp of the current drink.

Silas spoke of his time in the air force and Vincent was a bit in awe. It was one of the few time and few people that he admitted his time in the service to—mostly with others that served to be honest—but even still he was in awe of the air force. Going up into the sky… ”Sounds like it must have been something else. To see all that before you. I would miss it too” he agreed, with a slow shake of his head. Wow. Something else indeed. He couldn’t imagine ever getting over a feeling like that or an experience like that, even if it was combat in the end, it was still such an experience, he was sure.

tag: aegean silas forsteri | words: 613 | notes: drinking bros<3
robb stark

PM
^
aegean silas forsteri
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 09:07 AM

aegean silas forsteri

george from paperman

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

patrick dempsey

SDPD commissioner

restless heart

tagged: aiden vincent knight
notes: yay
the mention of teenager made silas inwardly groan louder. that was terrible. he's had several run-ins with teenagers and young adults themselves, and they never failed to grind his gears by being obnoxious and reckless. especially those he was forced to arrest whenever he was busting clubs and drug rings. it gave him no pleasure to do so, ruining parties and seizing drugs, but it was his job to uphold the law. luckily, all of his sons were all-grown up, doing their own thing. silas was long past the teenage, rebellious years of his children, and luckily, his ex step-daughters had been good as well. "i'm sure that you will do your best, vincent," said the commissioner with a warm smile. silas fully believed in his capabilities as mechanic. still, to fix such a wreck...he shuddered.

he was pleased that vincent wasn't protesting. the commissioner was in a good mood, and wanted to do good. buying vincent's next round was making him smile, and oh, he liked feeling like a proper friend. admittedly, silas didn't have very many, the mechanic one of the few that he was actually willing to call one despite the age gap that they had between them, and his own abhorrence of the younger folk of this generation. though granted, vincent wasn't that young, as silas was old enough to be his older brother, at least, but to the grizzly cop, everyone that was not above forty were young to him.

silas chuckled. he really did miss the sky sometimes, patrolling the clouds for any sign of danger. he had also been taught to parachute down in the event of an emergency, but boy, that all seemed so, so longer ago. yet, silas remembered his time in the military well, and could not help but look back on it fondly, grueling as it had been. "how about you? weren't you in the marines, vincent?" two very different military areas, but they were still veterans. it made him feel more relaxed and comfortable with vincent, he liked recalling those old days.

BY MITZI

PM
^
aiden vincent knight
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 02:04 PM

aiden vincent knight

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

Chris Evans

Mechanic

Vincent chuckled when Silas groaned. Exactly. He felt like it was the easiest way to explain some of the car crash car victims he worked on: teenagers. He wasn’t some grumbly old man – okay sometimes he could sound like one – but it was usually the cause of the trouble he worked on if it wasn’t just an old run down car or something routine. Of course, he was sure there were plenty of good teenage drivers out there but he never saw them in his line of work. He was sure in Silas’s line of work he also didn’t see many of the good seed teenagers. He shook his head a bit, sipping more at his drink.

He smiled and raised his drink in acknowledgement of the compliment before taking another drink. ”Thanks for the confidence. I could use it” he chuckled. Vincent did his best to never give anyone bad news, and he usually did his best to keep the cost down too, it was why he had repeat customers, at least with women. If he got a bad vibe from a person… that was something different. But he wasn’t going to focus there when he had a good night with a good friend ahead of him.

He let Silas get this round and made a mental note to get the next to make up for it. It was just good manners and more than that, his pleasure. See? This was absolutely what he needed. Good conversation and friendship. He hadn’t felt like he had that in… well, in a while really. He had plenty of amazing friends in San Diego but not many like this, to just sit and talk with.

Air force. Vincent was impressed with that. He had served but in that way, that must have really been something. To see it all that way, he was impressed. And said as much. He smiled and nodded. ”It feels like it was a million years ago these days” he admitted, agreeing that that was what he had done. He didn’t talk about his former life but he knew it was easy to spot that he had served so he didn’t try to hide that, especially from others that had served, even if it was in a different field.

”But I’m right there with you, I miss those days sometimes,” he didn’t regret taking his leave for the sake of his mother and then not renewing his time, instead becoming a vet when that time had run ot to be with his mother. But sometimes, he did miss it. Would things have been different if he stayed? Probably. But that wasn’t the point. ”Even if I didn’t get to see it all from the skies” he added with a grin.

tag: aegean silas forsteri | words: 613 | notes: drinking bros<3
robb stark

PM
^
aegean silas forsteri
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 09:37 AM

aegean silas forsteri

george from paperman

pronouns:

sexuality:

heterosexual

face claim:

patrick dempsey

SDPD commissioner

come as you are
as you were, as I want you to be As a friend, as a friend, as and old enemy Take your time, hurry up, the choice is yours, don't be late Take a rest as a friend as and old memoria
memoria, memoria
there was something soothing and relaxed about vincent's personality that silas has always liked and admired. everything seemed to go by, and be okay by the younger man, but there was a roughness to him that silas was familiar with. it was weathered, scarred, yet oddly gentle. vincent's smile masked that darkness, the carnage that he has potentially seen during his time in the army. the man had not been overtly open, but silas had somehow managed to dig that part out of him nonetheless, the part where boy had become man through rigorous discipline. it was an odd sense of kinship that he felt with vincent, and knowing that he had found something good, silas was hesitant to let it go. befriending someone and holding a friendship has never been easy for him, so silas really was thankful for vincent in his life.

he chuckled. he felt exactly the same way. "i know how you feel," he admitted. blue eyes lit up with nostalgia, of viewing the world through the screen of a powerful fighter jet. he had enjoyed those patrols up in the sky, even if he knew of the risks. silas has heard enough horror stories of planes failing mid-flight, and its pilots dying. luckily, that same fate has never befallen him, as he suspected that they were much more careful in training their pilots, as well as maintaining their jets. he grinned at vincent. the marines did not sound fun, silas has heard some horror stories about them as well. apparently they were almost as bad as the air force in terms of discipline, but then again, which military unit was not?

"would you go back?" asked silas casually. "i can't, since i'm retired, and old and shit, but would you?" lazily, he took a sip of his beer, but looked at vincent intently for an answer. some old soldiers would be more than willing to go back, as it was the only life they knew. but silas....silas wouldn't. he missed the skies, but he also really liked his job as a cop. besides, he now also had a woman that he wanted to have a future with. to be in the army could jeopardise it even more, and he was a cop. it was dangerous enough already.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]