welcome to fantasies unwind, an animation personified role-play! we've been open for five years as of october 2017, and are excited about the next five years!
news: an activity check is starting! check it out here!

Add Reply
New Poll

can't hold a candle to you, julien/combear
tybalt william haines
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 12:51 AM

tybalt william haines

baron humbert von gikkingen from The cat returns

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

Bisexual

face claim:

godfrey gao

novelist

She/her ♦ 258 posts ♦ 35000 points

while ty's life was going along the perfect route it was starting to also feel a little stagnant. everything was almost the exact same. he woke up, wrote a bit, talked to the same few people, wrote some more, and then went back to bed. even the rare moments that his agent called him to talk about the movie deal going through didn't change much. all it meant was that ty was being dragged back to his first book and the feelings he had writing them. once again all the teenage angst settled upon tybalt as he read those old words.

all those past feelings stirred ty into action. raven was off working so he couldn't call his brother while their mother was also too busy to talk to him. that left ty with the only option of trying to find a place to people watch. resturants was the obvious answer. there were also people in and out eating no matter what the time. as a kid he had snuck out to make up stories about the people at the all-night dinners at two in the morning.

what he had not expected was walking into the little restaurant to see someone reading his own book. it wasn't that uncommon of a sight. ever since his books had really launched ty had noticed people reading them every now and then. usually, he just let them be not wanting to interrupt and ruin the experience. tonight was different, ty was in the mood to talk. he paused be the table smiling at the man who was reading. "are you enjoying it?" ty asked before nodding at the book. "the book i mean, i know the food here is wonderful."

PM
^
julien rémy laurent
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 11:27 PM

julien rémy laurent

the prince from the little prince

pronouns:

sexuality:

bi-curious

face claim:

benedict cumberbatch

librarian

♀ ♦ 263 posts ♦ 28400 points

[ a heavy heart to carry ]
he was leaning forward in his seat, a half-eaten croissant hanging from a hand, and while the other held the open book. julien's mouth gaped open slightly as his eyes zipped across the pages, as though he had completely forgotten that he was eating, which he honestly had for the last five minutes. oh, this was so intense. the climax was making him lose track of time and the fact that he was eating. julien's eyes remained glued to the pages for another few minutes before he finally noticed the croissant in his hand, and finished it off. smacking his hands free of crumbs, the frenchman returned to reading, now forgetting his wine. the atmosphere of the restaurant was cheery, peaceful. it was the perfect place for a nice bout of reading before he went off to perhaps grocery shop. or home to finish the book.

but oh, he was so caught up in it that he was also barely registering the time. he wasn't going to leave until it was done, so he was pretty much hogging that single seat in the restaurant. it was only when he was addressed did he blink owlishly, and raise his eyes from the pages. the kindly face of an asian man looked back at him, and not wanting to be rude, slip his bookmark into the book before closing it. "why, yes! yes, i am!" encounters like this happened once in a while, be it him initiating it, or someone else. julien loved it when someone came up to talk to him about a book that he was reading. he made faster friends that way, and if there was one thing that set him off was talking about a book.

"arguably, the book is more wonderful than the food, today, monsieur. i could not stop reading." julien laughed good-naturedly. "have you read it? it is amazing. i was just about to finish it." little did he know that he was actually talking to the author of said book, a revelation that he would soon find out at the back, where the author's face and a brief intro about them was usually printed. however, mistaking this man as any other book lover, julien went on. "i find the last part to be a little bit rushed, though, as though -" he turned the book over to see the name. "- mr.haines was running out of time and material, but ah, it is good all the same. it is very worth it."

PM
^
tybalt william haines
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 12:23 PM

tybalt william haines

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

Bisexual

face claim:

godfrey gao

novelist

ty didn't normally act this way. being forthright and annoying talkative was his whole make up. that was how ty had always been in even if he lost those parts of himself occasionally. still, even he had lines. resurants were supposed to be places for silent people watching not invading other's spaces and yet he had stopped. maybe it was because he hadn't had someone to talk easily talk to about his books in a long while.

his eyes shown as the gentleman ty had pushed himself on didn't seem to mind the company. especially, when it seemed like he had been enjoying ty's book. "that is a good compliment." a small smile quirked the edges of his lips up. "you could say i have read them." somehow this guy didn't realize who he was talking to. for some that might be a blow to their ego. ty really didn't care if someone didn't recognize him. actually, it was a benefit right now since it just meant that ty could get some real answerers on how he felt about the books.

joy slowly turned to puzzlement pulling at ty's brows. this was feedback that his editors and agent had never given him. "rushed in what way? there are some sequels so far so he must not have run out of material." so far ty had written five books with the fifth coming out soon. he had never thought of ever really running out of material before but it was bound to happen someday. "would you mind if i sat down?" ty asked gesturing at the other chair at the table. "i just, love the books and would like to talk to you about them more." he was already pushing what most people would think as polite. all ty wanted to do was talk more with someone interested in his books.

PM
^
julien rémy laurent
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 11:36 AM

julien rémy laurent

the prince from the little prince

pronouns:

sexuality:

bi-curious

face claim:

benedict cumberbatch

librarian

♀ ♦ 263 posts ♦ 28400 points

while he may have picked up on the suspicious fact that the man had taken his praise of the book as a 'compliment', julien was too excited to backtrack. he was always happy to meet another book lover, especially one that read the same series as he did. maybe he was a critic? someone who read regularly and criticised book authors through goodreads? well, whoever he was, julien was only too happy to talk. he seemed rather knowledgeable of the series, so he was always down for a good book discussion. julien wasn't a very good critic, he didn't go thoroughly into it, but he did pluck out general flaws that he personally was not a fan of. as every book worm's opinion was subjective, julien was willing to share his thoughts with this new fellow bookworm. who knew, maybe he would learn something new today.

the man was interested to hear his criticism. he looked genuinely puzzled, as though he had not caught up on it. "you see!" said the frenchman, poking a finger into the table. he was enthusiastic, so he was trying to not go off on a tangent, but he had a feeling that he was going to slip eventually. "i feel like the last fight scene was just...wham, bam, boom? and then done?? it was very well-written, and the characters are magnifique, since a lot of time was spent on development, but it felt like too much filler, and less fighting, non? a little, mmm, deux ex machina, but!" he grinned. "it was an enjoyable read. i cannot wait for the next book."

his own criticism of this book wasn't going to stop him from picking up the next one. no author was perfect, and he knew that writing tended to improve over time. judging from ty's first book, it was clear that the author has drastically improved, but there was always room to be better. taking a sip of his wine, julien carefully removed the book from the table, and placed it into his bag. "but that is just my opinion, monsieur. what abut you?" bright eyes twinkling, he looked intently at the asian man. "my name is julien, by the way. it is very nice to meet a fellow bookworm that reads the same things that i do."

tybalt william haines

take it in your heart now, lover
BY MITZI

PM
^
tybalt william haines
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 12:39 AM

tybalt william haines

pronouns:

he/him

sexuality:

Bisexual

face claim:

godfrey gao

novelist

always ty had loved watching other people. humans always felt just so much even doing such a little thing as reading a book. they got so invested feeling like the characters were their own friends. he couldn't help but smile at the enthusiasm on julien's face. it was nice to see someone so invested in something he had created. sometimes, ty thought he was the only one in the world that cared what happened to his characters. he had put almost his whole being into the books sacrificing parts of himself to it. this was all the payment he needed for all that hard work. to see someone so excited especially when they looked quite handsome at the same time.

ty sat and listened to the critique itching to get a pen and paper out to start writing everything down. who cared that this was one of his older books there was always room for growth. especially, when it came to his baby books. "ya, there was a ton of filler. do you think having all that exposition helped the world building though? because without it the world might not have felt so strong." tybalt asked. that was one point he always had worried about. even five books in there was still room to worry about the world he had created as a child.

"everyone is entitled to their opinions and i enjoyed listening to yours." some we harsh with their critique while julien seemed to be just honest. it was nice and refreshing for that breath of honest wind. "honestly, i am a little biased about my feelings so i can't say anything besides i love them." ty's smile faltered a little. this was the decision time if he should come clean or not. "it is always nice to meet fellow bookworms especially one like you, julien." not only was he interesting but also easy on the eyes a deadly combination. one that ty shouldn't be even considering after breaking joce's heart not that long ago. "i might as well just go for it and say that i am considerably happy you liked the book or this conversation would be very awkward considering i wrote it."

julien rémy laurent/my fave trash bear
ϟ

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

YOUR NEWS UPDATE!

subtitle if you want it

this is your news announcement for your site, and it can be anything you want! have you ever worried that your announcement threads weren't noticeable enough and may have been overlooked? this was created for that reason!

you can style it to look like whatever you want! all of the css and html codes are in your hands. this will show on the desktop verion of the site, not the mobile version.

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me!

[close]